Recruiting Manager, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard’s New York office has an immediate opening for a hands-on, experienced recruiting professional to join our Talent Development team. The position will be based in New York and will primarily support the talent acquisition efforts in the East region, but will also recruit for offices in other regions as FleishmanHillard is a genuinely collaborative network. The Recruiter will proactively recruit and network with candidates, attend networking events and conferences and serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership in the region.
- Provide counsel to senior leadership and staff about trends in the marketplace, competitive intelligence and strategic recommendations for attracting the best talent and raising the profile of FleishmanHillard as an employer of choice in these markets.
- Network with industry groups, associations, and influential partners to help identify talent for the firm. Cultivate and maintain a pool of talent for key roles that will drive the growth of our business.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process including: sourcing, screening, interviewing, pre-closing, and offer phase.
- Conduct recruiting strategy meetings with hiring managers.
- Embrace a creative approach to recruiting, and go beyond postings and referrals to proactively source qualified talent.
- Build and maintain relationships with candidates, industry leaders and influencers to raise the visibility of opportunities at FleishmanHillard.
- Collaborate with the overall talent acquisition function by contributing to initiatives, introducing best practices, suggesting new and interesting ways to enhance our approach to recruitment as well as the candidate experience, and manage appropriate projects.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4 - 7 years of corporate and/or agency recruiting experience.
- Self-starter who is passionate about people, recruiting and developing new programs to attract talent.
- Experience working closely with all levels and comfortable providing counsel and strategic recommendations.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality, ability to build rapport easily with hiring managers and candidates and skilled at developing a narrative to engage candidates.
- Experience creating and executing strategic recruitment programs and strategies to increase employer-of-choice brand awareness.
- Collaborative, agile, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast paced, high-demand recruiting environment.
- Ability to define and execute networking techniques and follow up with prospective talent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply creative thinking to recruiting efforts.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and demands seamlessly.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players. To learn more about us, please visit fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.