Registered Dietitian Internship, Chicago
Calling all RDs! The Food + Nutrition practice at FleishmanHillard Chicago is growing – and we have an immediate opening for a Registered Dietitian to join us for a full-time internship position.
If you are an RD interested in pursuing a career in public relations/communications, this is a terrific opportunity to work with high-profile clients and best-in-class talent on exciting nutrition-forward work.
We are currently looking for an energetic, motivated, collaborative candidate to join us from now through the end of August (and maybe longer!) If that’s you, please apply online and tell us why we should choose you to join our amazing team!
When you apply online, make sure to also submit:
- A cover letter (Tip: Consider this a writing test!)
- Resume (Tip: See tip above.)
And before you ask, YES! FleishmanHillard Chicago internship positions are paid!
Position Overview and Responsibilities
From our 37th floor office in the AON Center, overlooking Millennium Park and the lake, FleishmanHillard Chicago interns have the opportunity to work as part of our account teams to deliver best-in-class work for our clients (some of the most well-known brands in the world!).
There’s no busy work here; this is a real job with real expectations and real deadlines. On any given day, you may be asked to handle a variety of important tasks vital to the success of our clients’ programs such as:
- Developing nutrition communications for key clients including key messages, media materials, web site content, etc.
- Researching events, forums, thought leadership initiatives for key clients
- Conducting influencer/third-party research and engagement programs
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of the food and nutrition landscape and client priorities
- Identifying media opportunities and pitching media
- Sharing knowledge and understanding of food industry and issues related to nutrition, labeling, regulatory affairs and marketing
- Develop and manage project timelines and corresponding project budgets
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or preparing to become one
- Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (registered dietitians or those preparing to become a registered dietitian)
- Must be adept at interpreting nutrition science data and communicating nutrition/scientific ideas in a way that is understandable to the general consumer and media audience
- Strong writing is a must (both within 140 characters and well beyond).
- Prior experience pitching media
- Research skills
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.