Research & Analytics Intern (Summer 2018), Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is seeking a full-time summer intern with an interest in communications evaluation and measurement to join its global Research & Analytics team in Chicago. Our team of analysts provides below-the-surface analytics, measurement, and insights discovery capabilities to help companies accomplish their business objectives. Furthermore, we assess audiences, channels and content – and the interplay among them – to arrive at the most actionable strategy.
Some of our principal clients include AT&T, Monsanto, the Department of Defense and the California Table Grape Commission. We’ve also done work for clients like GM, Emerson, Energizer and countless others.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Analysis of disparate data sets, including earned media, social conversation, and owned channel/web analytics, to help our clients understand the effectiveness of their communications and PR strategies
- Conducting secondary research using, research databases and other sources
- Assisting with qualitative and/or quantitative research projects, such as analyzing survey data, taking notes during focus groups/in-depth interviews, analyzing qualitative data and writing research reports
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
- Candidate is a recent graduate with full-time availability
- Academic coursework or professional experience in secondary research, such as analyzing data and writing research reports
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with the ability to condense and summarize research data into meaningful findings
- Experience developing detailed search strings (using Boolean) for use in media databases
- Ability to recognize industry trends
- Innate curiosity to learn more and dig deeper
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proficient in Microsoft Wordand Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; comfortable in using formulas, creating pivot tables and running vlookups
- Proficient in PowerBI or other data visualization tools
- Familiarity with media databases including Cision, Factiva, Meltwater, TrendKite, Crimson Hexagon or Carma, including Google News, preferred
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment or previous internship that demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills, such as a research paper
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.