Research Director, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a Research Director to join our thriving Global Research + Intelligence practice. FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
The Research Director is a client-facing professional responsible for leading research projects for medium-to-large sized accounts. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record in market research with an emphasis on quantitative methods. The Research Director will lead project teams and provide strategic guidance throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget. The Research Director will actively collaborate with peers to systematically evaluate and improve work processes to simultaneously improve quality of work deliverables and improve organizational productivity.
FleishmanHillard’s Global Intelligence practice serves as a strategic enabler to the broader organization by harnessing research and data analytics-driven insights to achieve client business objectives. Our work within Global Intelligence integrates primary and secondary research methods with communications measurement and data analytics.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop strong client relationships that engender additional business opportunities within existing accounts
- Qualify new business opportunities, distill broad requirements into details necessary to draft proposals and pricing for viable opportunities
- Develop project execution plans and ensure that all portfolio projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure that research and measurement plans are aligned to client objectives for all portfolio projects
- Identify the need for 3rd party market research partners; facilitate engagement with 3rd party MR partners for portfolio projects
- Ensure that all project metrics and analytics are properly aligned to test project hypotheses
- Ensure all project work is performed in adherence with best practices and quality standards established by the Global Intelligence practice
- Lead teams in developing and evaluating insights and strategic recommendations based on the research and analytics compiled for portfolio projects
- Ensure client deliverables present a coherent and compelling narrative supported by research/data
- Moderate key client meetings and presentations of deliverables
- Manage proposed changes to client project scope, objectives
- Engage with the broader FH network to disseminate Global Intelligence capabilities and case studies and otherwise contribute to the firm’s fluency in research and data
- Mentor junior colleagues, with a focus on those especially interested in quantitative research methods
- Deliver formal training sessions to staff on various methods in research and analysis
- Curate best practices, lessons learned from portfolio projects; collaborate with peers to recommend improvements to quality standards established for the Global Intelligence practice
- Contribute to thought capital and new business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, economics, psychology, or related field required; graduate/advanced degree in a field of study related to the social sciences strongly preferred
- 7-12 years of experience working with clients in a consultative manner to solve business problems using research and data analytics
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams and deliver a portfolio of projects on time and within budget
- Proven analytical and deductive reasoning skills; able to translate findings into meaningful positioning strategies.
- Ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points that provide important audience or market insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to translate complex information into a form accessible to non-researchers and clients
- Capable of and confident in giving presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with PowerBI or other data visualization tools strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Lean/Agile methods a plus
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.