Research Intern, Los Angeles
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is seeking an intern with an interest in research and strategy to join its global Research & Analytics team at its office in Los Angeles. Our team of analysts provides below-the-surface analytics, measurement, and insights discovery capabilities to help companies accomplish their business objectives. Furthermore, we assess audiences, channels and content – and the interplay among them – to arrive at the most actionable strategy.
- Monitoring digital news stories
- Conducting secondary research via Google, research databases and other sources
- Assisting with qualitative and/or quantitative primary research projects, such as analyzing survey data, taking notes during focus groups/in-depth interviews, analyzing qualitative data and writing research reports
- Assist with media analysis projects by creating charts in Excel and developing insights to explain key findings
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission
- Cover letter expressing interest in the internship program
- Writing samples: Examples include something written for a classroom assignment or previous internship that demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills, such as a research paper
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Academic coursework or professional experience in primary research (qualitative, quantitative or both)
- Academic coursework or professional experience in secondary research, such as literature reviews, research papers and media summaries
- Innate curiosity to learn more and dig deeper
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with the ability to condense and summarize research data into meaningful findings
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- The internship is a paid, full-time position requiring a commitment of at least three months
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.