Research Manager, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a Research Manager on the Global Research and Analytics team. FH is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Research Manager will help design and manage research studies, write questionnaires/discussion guides, analyze data, prepare reports and present findings. In addition, he or she will mine, query and analyze marketing campaign information to identify key trends and create relevant conclusions and implications.
FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis., is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
The FH Global Research & Analytics group is a team of more than 30 researchers and strategists. Our expertise and our passion is collecting and analyzing data that help clients fuel powerful positioning programs and connect and engage with their audiences to achieve desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
News monitoring and competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
Analytics and measurement: traditional, social and digital analytics and measurement to demonstrate performance impact
- Manage complex research studies from end-to-end, working closely with other analysts and management of project delivery
- Manage research projects for local and multinational clients
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of data and work closely with analysts to create a compelling ‘story’ that meets client objectives
- Designing compelling deliverables that clearly and concisely answer research objectives and provide value to the client including detailed findings, implications and strategic recommendations
- Client Relationship Management and Business Development
- Build and nurture relationships within FleishmanHillard colleagues and external clients
- Ask the right questions, understand the business objectives, and ultimately help to scope the right research that will have the most impact
- Grow client business through insightful and valuable work product, understanding of client business
- Contribute to the new business process through research, proposal development and pitch preparation
- Lead technology platforms to support the growth of the practices solutions
- Liaise with vendors and content partners to deliver solutions successfully
- Liaise with legal on contracts and negotiations
- Drive new thinking for tech and analytical capabilities
- 5-6 years of experience required in research and analytics, consumer insights, strategy development and/or digital or social research
- Passionate about client service, experience in consulting organization preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, arts, engineering or relevant field
- Key team member or have led technology projects, experience with text mining, visualization and analytics platforms
- Analytical, Strategic thinker that understands marketing strategy, media and how to use research methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients
- Various types of research engagements, potentially including: corporate reputation, thought leadership, measurement, optimization and brand positioning
- Quantitative research and qualitative research training and/or certificates desired
- Possess an understanding of marketing and communications strategy including the role of PR in the marketing mix, desired
- Comfortable with managing project financials to ensure projects stay on budget
- Effective time manager and able to multi-task across multiple projects and prioritize time
- Possess intellectual curiosity and approach business questions with creativity and insight
- Detail oriented, organized, thorough and have respect for quality control
- Strong judgment and able to work well with others and collaborate productively with team members and clients
- Positive attitude and inspire confidence from clients and team members
- Effectively express ideas and opinions in written and oral formats including in-person presentation
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.