SAE Public Affairs, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Public Affairs & Engagement Practice helps clients navigate issues that impact their organizations through strategic communications - including campaign development, public positioning, stakeholder education and engagement, coalition building, grassroots advocacy, government affairs, media relations, issues management and crisis planning and communications. This candidate must possess excellent writing skills and have experience with both traditional and digital communications channels. The ideal candidate will have background in government affairs, politics and public policy.
In this role, you will interact with client staff, help execute large-scale public affairs campaigns and manage outreach programs for clients. Our clients will depend on you to offer good ideas, be a strong writer and execute approved communications plans in ways that deliver measurable results.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment where more than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage statewide grassroots/grasstops initiatives in a number of states.
- Consult with clients on a wide range of public policy needs. Clients are likely to come from the following sectors: food/agriculture, energy, healthcare, public safety, manufacturing, financial services.
- Work closely with lobbying teams already working on behalf of clients.
- Develop innovative, results-oriented plans and planning documents for client review.
- Write news releases, web pages, blog posts, Op-Eds, fact sheets, grassroots email correspondence, ad copy and other persuasive materials.
- Manage media relations programs for clients by understanding their needs, monitoring relevant news, uncovering placement opportunities and generating positive coverage.
- Manage websites, social media communities and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Work with our in-house creative team to develop digital and print materials for clients.
- Provide logistical and onsite support for media events, trade shows and conferences.
- Manage other discrete projects and analyze the results within the client’s overall program.
- Share actively in recommendations, ideas and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams.
- A bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of agency experience communicating on public affairs issues preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to the highest professional standards.
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Public affairs, campaign or coalition experience in support of public policy initiatives.
- Expertise with both traditional and online media relations.
- Familiarity with emerging trends and tools, particularly for online and mobile communications.
- Strong desire and ability to contribute to the firm’s growth, marketing and business development.
- Solid interpersonal and supervisory skills with ability to work in teams, as well as the initiative to work independently.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered