Senior Account Executive, Austin
Position Overview & Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Austin office has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive.
The successful hire will work well in a fast-paced environment and will collaborate with teams on brand marketing and reputation management programs. Successful candidates will demonstrate versatile writing skills; proficiency in media and influencer engagement; fluency in online communications and social media; strong verbal communications skills; and experience in project and event management. A background in healthcare and/or public health communications is a plus.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Work with integrated teams and vendors to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions using paid, earned and owned platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Develop and manage positive relationships with clients and vendors.
- Craft newsworthy story angles and successfully pitch and place stories with local, regional or national media.
- Conduct outreach to key stakeholders to generate support and create advocates.
- Organize and execute events in support of communications initiatives and news.
- Write and edit materials for a variety of online and offline channels with an ability to translate complex topics into consumer and media friendly content.
- Develop compelling narratives and content for presentations to or for clients.
- Oversee team members for execution of projects and deliverables.
- Coordinate with clients and agencies on priorities.
- Support agency’s new business efforts to drive growth.
- 3-5 years of successful experience in implementing integrated campaigns that further client goals.
- Agency experience is a must and experience working with both government and private sector client is a plus.
- Excellent writing abilities with demonstrable experience in all forms of communication, from plans to news releases to executive talking points.
- Strong news judgment and proven ability to work effectively with reporters, influencers and social media.
- Experience with event planning, management and execution.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.