Senior Account Executive, Boston
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Boston office has an immediate opening for a talented Account Executive or Senior Account Executive.
This is an opportunity for a solid team player to support technology, consumer and corporate communications programs for well-known organizations within our client portfolio. The ideal candidate will bring excellent organizational and writing skills and have a solid understanding of media relations best practices and an interest in influencer engagement. We are looking for a self-starter, someone who enjoys the “rush” of PR and excels at working within a group environment, and then taking things forward on an individual basis. FH Boston takes a holistic view of hiring by balancing hard skills, cultural fit, growth potential and client service aptitude to ensure each new FHer is a strong, long-term contributor to the business and office.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Handling day-to-day deliverables, including written content creation as well as project and account management.
- Developing and reviewing high-quality, thoughtfully written materials, including press releases, pitches and bylined articles.
- Capitalizing on expertise in – and understanding of – the applicable media landscape and building and maintaining relationships with relevant reporters including local (Boston), consumer and technology media.
- Proactively identify opportunities to insert clients into broader trends and the ongoing news cycle by maintaining a pulse on relevant industry news and presenting new, fresh ideas to the team and client.
- Ensuring account team alignment by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities (as appropriate) and maintaining deadlines.
- Communicating directly with the client during team meetings and in day-to-day project management.
- Working with integrated teams to provide clients with cross-channel strategies utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a solid track record of effective media relations, strong writing, strong organization and acute attention to detail. Experience executing global and regional communications programs is a plus. Additionally, candidates should have:
- Minimum of 2 years agency experience implementing communications programs and supporting account teams.
- Self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Excellent time and priority management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Excellent writing skills with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from news releases to executive talking points.
- Ability to take strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical PR recommendations.
- Experience with digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Good interpersonal skills: can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality work while under deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.