Account Supervisor, Corporate Media, Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Dallas office for an Account Supervisor to join our dynamic corporate reputation practice. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for pro-active media relations guru to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on high-level national media relations, corporate positioning and reputation, executive communications, crisis situations, and issues management for one of FH’s largest accounts.
FleishmanHillard Dallas offers a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth and the opportunity have a panoramic view of Dallas (34 floors up, to be exact). This is an opportunity to produce work for a top client in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that values team above all. We do great work – and hire only great people, too. Our staff comes from big and small agencies, and from the brand side, providing a range of perspectives and one great office culture.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national and trade media and work alongside a team of experienced media practitioners to deliver banner media coverage as an individual and in support of team members.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day media-focused activities for the corporate reputation team, including working with senior members of the team to help coordinate projects and clients, and manage timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and manage integrated corporate communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy and mobile marketing.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual and team work streams on program implementation.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Create a variety of content for a range of audiences, both internal and external. Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating our clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations. Deliverables will include pitches, plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral
- The successful candidate must be results oriented and have a strong understanding of current trends in in media and corporate reputation management. Experience executing global and regional corporate reputation programs is a plus. Additionally, candidates should have:
- 4-7 years of agency experience in developing and implementing media relations programs geared to a variety of audiences, ideally with large, national brands.
- Strong media relationships with national or trade media or previously worked as a reporter, editor or blogger. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Knowledge of business, consumer technology and vertical trade media, and strong skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. Excellent writing abilities with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- Familiarity with social media campaigns including an understanding of Facebook and Twitter.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.