Senior Account Executive Consumer, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Chicago office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive with a strong consumer communications background to join our Consumer Marketing practice. This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on high-level media relations, sports marketing, influencer marketing, brand building, issues and crisis management, and creative program development.
The successful candidate will have strong media relations chops, particularly among sports and lifestyle media; the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships; strong writing skills; event management skills and experience executing multiple programs.
- Program planning and execution, media relations with a focus on national sports and lifestyle outlets and event planning and management. Candidate will also be expected to manage budgets and supervisor more junior team members on a project basis.
- The successful candidate must be results oriented, have a deep background developing and executing consumer media relations programs, and experience providing client counsel in regular face-to-face meetings and on-site events.
- Minimum of 3 years of consumer marketing experience gained in an agency or a corporate environment, with an emphasis on media relations and sports marketing.
- Strong creative thinking and planning, with demonstrated experience in executing programs and events that gain high level media interest.
- Solid experience with sports media and in building and maintaining media relationships.
- Management skills with a proven track record providing leadership to junior staff.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Superior writing skills and proven creativity, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such as fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles and presentations.
- A polished presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively clients on – especially while thinking on their feet at events.
- Financial acumen with the experience and ability to manage OOP budgets.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2015; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the DAS Group of Companies, and has 88 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.