Senior Account Executive Consumer Media Relations, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard’s Media Group is looking for a creative, motivated, energetic, self-starting Sr. Account Executive to join our New York office. This position provides the opportunity to work on consumer lifestyle media strategy resulting in high-quality placements, and implementing public relations tactics for multiple top-tier clients. Consumer finance knowledge is a plus. As a member of the national media team, candidate will provide media relations support for high profile accounts across the FleishmanHillard network. The team focus is on opportunity for growth within the group and agency.
- Provide proactive, seasoned client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet consumer marketing goals through communications.
- Develop strategies for national consumer media – primarily products, services and compelling trend stories.
- Develop and execute high-quality product launches and media programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Work with a broader corporate communications team on a host of consumer issues.
- Help manage sensitive reactive media issues.
- Provide high-level strategic thinking for myriad media inquiries.
- 4+ years of experience providing public relations counsel to clients.
- Depth of well-rounded experience in the consumer practice area, with proven success working with a variety of top-tier consumer long-lead publications, short-lead consumer media and national broadcast media, including national morning shows.
- Understanding how to integrate products into accessory, fashion and lifestyle spreads.
- Knowledge of national lifestyle and consumer magazine bloggers/editors, including product giveaways/contests.
- Ability to execute integrated social media programs with national consumer media outreach.
- Strong capabilities in media relations, from strategy development to generating results.
- Proven ability to contribute to compelling new business proposals and presenting them effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions; exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.
- Demonstrated experience executing public relations plans and the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs within budget.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2017; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.