Senior Account Executive Corporate Reputation/Media, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our San Francisco office for a Senior Account Executive to join our dynamic corporate reputation practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an integrated communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on corporate storytelling and media relations, brand-building, reputation management, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and multi-stakeholder communications.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Creative Communications. Clients include FitBit, AT&T, EA, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day media-focused activities for the corporate reputation team, including working with senior members of the team to help coordinate projects and clients, and manage timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Create a variety of content for a range of audiences, both internal and external.Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating our clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations. Deliverables will include pitches, plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that that are in line with overall account objectives and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Be an effective and trusted resource to corporate reputation clients.
- Work with senior team members to help generate incremental business opportunities with our existing clients, and contribute to new business proposals.
- Provide insights and expertise to our overall corporate reputation product offering and assist in the development of thought leadership and marketing materials.
The successful candidate must be results oriented and have a strong understanding of current trends in media and corporate reputation management. Experience executing global and regional corporate reputation programs is a plus. Additionally, candidates should have:
- 3-5 years of agency experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs geared to a variety of audiences, ideally with large, national brands.
- Strong media relationships with national or trade media or previously worked as a reporter, editor or blogger.
- Knowledgeable about corporate responsibility and/or global impact and highly motivated to work with clients in these areas.
- Broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking.Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Knowledge of business, consumer technology and vertical trade media, and strong skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- Experience executing social media campaigns including a solid understanding of Facebook and Twitter.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2017; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.