Senior Account Executive, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting, Senior Account Executive with a passion for implementing integrated Corporate Communications programs. The Senior Account Executive plays a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day logistics for servicing a Fortune 500 account. This role will focus on developing and executing communications programs with an emphasis on thought leadership programs for executives: planning, including developing and articulating a point of view; venue identification and qualification; arranging the production of remarks, speeches or presentations; maintaining close attention to all details related to events, including scheduling, transportation, coordination, on-site support, etc.
- Supporting the FH corporate communications team.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality written content including media materials, plans, counsel memos and client correspondence.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including pitch letters, background materials, recommendation and planning documents, and executive communications.
- Translate complex topics into consumer and media friendly content.
- Develop newsworthy story angles and successfully pitch and place stories with national and trade technology media.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and manage integrated corporate communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy and mobile marketing.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of corporate communications experience specifically related to corporate reputation management and media relations strategy. Previous agency experience is preferred.
- Strong writer – must not only excel at all forms of written communications, but actually enjoy the writing process.
- Experience in forms of persuasive writing for corporations including; news releases, executive speeches and talking points, media Q&A and preparation and corporate brand building.
- Strong understanding of business, corporate communications trends and reputation management.
- Solid experience in media relations: pitching, press releases, interview coordination, media briefings, etc.
- High degree of creativity and initiative in the development of proactive media materials.
- Experience with the automotive industry is a plus.
- Results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Additional proficiencies required include excellent interpersonal skills, solid news and issues judgment, PowerPoint and Excel skills and an understanding of how organizations work.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.