Senior Account Executive, Corporate Reputation, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Detroit office for a Senior Account Executive to join our dynamic corporate communications practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an integrated communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team servicing a Fortune 500 account handling media relations and corporate storytelling, thought leadership, event planning, reputation management, and multi-stakeholder communications.
Driven by great work, passionate about their city, and smart in their approach, FH Detroit is home to almost 40 of the area’s most talented communicators. Part of the global FH network of 80 offices, FH Detroit serves clients in the automotive, consumer goods, professional services and energy and utilities industries with fully integrated communications services including brand strategy and marketing, content and editorial development, executive positioning and reputation management, media relations and social and digital strategy and implementation. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, this is a team that hustles harder, has fun and delivers award-winning, impactful work for some of the world’s leading brands.
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the corporate communications team, including working with senior members of the team to help coordinate projects and clients, and manage timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Develop newsworthy story angles and successfully pitch and place stories with national and trade technology media. Produce high quality written materials including pitches, plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Create a variety of content for a range of audiences, both internal and external. Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating our clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations. Work closely with national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Work with senior team members to help generate incremental business opportunities with our existing clients, and contribute to new business proposals.
- Be an effective and trusted resource to corporate reputation clients.
- Provide insights and expertise to our overall corporate reputation product offering and assist in the development of thought leadership and marketing materials.
- 3 - 5 years of corporate communications experience specifically related to corporate reputation management and media relations strategy. Previous agency experience is preferred.
- Experience engaging top-tier business media, and developing skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required. Solid experience in media relations: pitching, press releases, interview coordination, media briefings, etc.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate news releases to internal communications to executive talking points.
- Experience in forms of persuasive writing for corporations including; news releases, executive speeches and talking points, media Q&A and preparation and corporate brand building.
- Experience with the automotive industry is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.