Senior Account Executive Food & Nutrition, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a dietitian or credentialed nutritionist seeking a new and exciting challenge? Wanting to use your expertise to help food companies better educate and engage consumers? If so, FleishmanHillard Chicago has an immediate opportunity for a nutrition specialist to work in a fast-paced environment on large food and beverage clients. This role requires using nutrition insights and expertise to help inform strategies, programs and messaging across multiple communications channels including social, traditional media and influencer engagement; as well as research and insights into the trends and issues landscape. The candidate will ideally have, but is not required to have, previous communications and/or PR or marketing experience.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Conduct research into key trends, issues, opportunities in the food + nutrition landscape
- Provide expert counsel relative to strategy, programming, communications
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, client communications, press releases, fact sheets, website and social media marketing copy, and other internal and external communications materials
- Support development and implementation of plans and programs
- Manage/support account team members
- Manage day-to-day projects and client communications
- Provide nutrition counsel to clients and internal FH network as needed
- Support new business initiatives
- Monitor industry and consumer trends for application to client strategies and programming
- Degree in food/nutrition/dietetics; any additional degree in marketing, journalism, communications preferred
- 2-3 years of nutrition communications experience
- Expertise in research and understanding of food science, landscape and policy
- A nutrition or food background and understanding of nutrition and food practices and issues, as well as knowledge of consumer communications
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, and media communications across multiple media, including web, newsletters, media relations, and social media
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills with a proven track record in messaging and positioning
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs and providing high-quality service to demanding clients
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis
- Awareness of the role digital/social media plays in integrated communications strategies
- Ability to develop and manage project timelines and corresponding project budgets
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.