Senior Account Executive, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content.
The New York office has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive to join our rapidly expanding technology practice. This position is ideal for a big picture-focused, entrepreneurial professional who wants to work on fully integrated product communications programs for global clients in the enterprise/b2b technology sector with a focus on innovation, mobility, big data, and consumer electronics. Experience developing and executing campaigns that go beyond traditional media relations, and understanding the importance of building and maintaining key influencer relationships is critical. Lastly, we are looking for a teammate who gets excited about the prospect of making a major impact with and for their clients while also helping to grow the business and the practice as a whole.
- Proactively identify opportunities to insert clients into the broader trends and news cycles of the day by maintaining a high level of relevant tech industry awareness; use this knowledge to help lead the client beyond what’s been done before.
- Capitalize on your expertise in and understanding of the technology media landscape and build, maintain and manage relationships with technology and trade reporters.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for the technology practice’s account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- Supervising the work of account team members, including interns, by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a solid track record of effective media relations, strong writing, strong organization and acute attention to detail. Experience executing global and regional communications programs is a plus.
Additionally, candidates should have:
- Minimum of 3 years of agency experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on public relations work for large high technology or corp/B2B clients.
- Broad technology and B2B business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Proven success working with tech, trade and national business media and bloggers. Experience in mobile, cloud, big data, and/or enterprise hardware and software is preferred. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects with multiple work streams, including managing more junior team members, both directly and indirectly.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.