Senior Art Director, Social + Innovation, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a stellar designer who is passionate about building campaigns that break new ground? Do you get excited about creating impact on Instagram or Facebook? Do you relish directing integrated campaigns, including motion graphics photoshoots and print? Know how to take a brief and read between the lines? Enjoy creative strategy as much as execution? If so, we want to hear from you!
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our San Francisco office for an accomplished and talented senior art director with an affinity for social media to join our dynamic social + innovation team. We’re looking for a candidate with a voracious appetite to learn, grow, work hard and have fun. If you are curious and inventive, are someone who is not afraid to push the creative boundaries and drive our clients to new levels of innovative thinking – then read on.
At FleishmanHillard, we believe that “great creative” is engaging, emotive and memorable. It helps us tell stories and connect with people in ways they understand and embrace. The power of great creative can be seen in its ability to disrupt and to delight, creating impressions that inspire and emotions that lead to action. We believe that great creative is always grounded in insight, intelligent, handcrafted, engaging and memorable.
Great creative is what we deliver – and great creative comes from great minds. Our creative teams aren’t just artists or craftsmen, they are thinkers, strategists, daredevils and dreamers. At FH the commitment to great creative comes from a place of passion and purpose. We are inspired by the world around us and we live to channel that energy into ideas that light up rooms and pull people in.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create outstanding design for all-things social and digital including: cross channel applications, large scale web engagements, online advertising, digital marketing, business development initiatives, branding collateral and video.
- Advise, counsel and manage a team of junior designers, providing constructive creative direction and contributing to higher level of design and service.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand client issues and objectives and translate that understanding into the development and execution of creative concepts.
- Present a high-caliber, varied portfolio of design solutions that offer clear and convincing visuals.
- Work collaboratively with design and account teams to produce creative solutions for clients spanning platforms, including the development of content for branded social media channels, mobile, presentations, print materials, websites, blogs, etc.
- Lead the direction and management of the creative process for multiple projects, and recommend alternative solutions to creative challenges.
- Deliver superior client service on tight and changing deadlines.
- Assist in establishing estimates and budgets, and demonstrate an ability to work successfully on deadlines and within budget.
- To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record of delivering strategic and high-quality creative work for clients/brands, be a natural leader and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. Interested candidates should be outgoing, curious and creative, with confidence and common sense. You’ll need a serious love for storytelling, branding, art, content strategy and the power of creativity. In addition, candidates should have:
- 7-10 years of experience doing design work for a social media, public relations, advertising, interactive, or marketing firm.
- Experience working on social media campaigns and a solid understanding of best social media and web practices, i.e. design optimization, usability, and functionality.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint. Experience with After Effects and other audio/video editing software a plus.
- Experience managing a team of creative professionals
- Experience with online advertising, banner design & production, rich media advertising, HTML e-mails, screensavers, as well as other emerging technologies
- A stellar portfolio
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and convey strategic direction/requirements into visual designs
- A desire to work hard and play hard
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered