Senior Art Director, Creative, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a stellar designer/director who gets excited about building campaigns that break new ground? Do you get excited about directing integrated campaigns; from social media, to motion graphics, to shoots, to print? Know how to take a brief and read between the lines? Enjoy creative strategy as much as execution? If so, we want to hear from you!
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our D.C. office for an accomplished and talented senior art director to join our dynamic creative team. We’re looking for a candidate with a voracious appetite to learn, grow, work hard and have fun. If you are curious and inventive, are someone who is not afraid to push the creative boundaries and drive our clients to new levels of innovative thinking – then read on.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create outstanding design for integrated campaigns: social media, events, large scale web engagements, online advertising, digital marketing, business development initiatives, branding collateral and video.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand client issues and objectives, and translate that understanding into the development and execution of creative concepts.
- Present a high-caliber, varied portfolio of design solutions that offer clear and convincing visuals.
- Lead the direction and management of the creative process for multiple projects, and recommend alternative solutions to creative challenges.
- Work collaboratively with design and account teams to produce creative solutions for clients spanning platforms, including the development of content for branded social media channels, mobile, presentations, print materials, websites, blogs, etc.
- Deliver superior client service on tight and changing deadlines.
- Assist in establishing estimates and budgets, and demonstrate an ability to work successfully on deadlines and within budget.
- 7-10 years of experience in design from within an agency environment .
- Experience working on integrated campaigns and a solid understanding of best practices across all channels. Motion graphics experience is a plus.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint. Experience with After Effects and other audio/video editing software a plus.
- Experience with online advertising, banner design & production, rich media advertising, HTML e-mails, screensavers, as well as other emerging technologies
- A stellar portfolio.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and convey strategic direction/requirements into visual designs.
- A desire to work hard and play hard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.