Senior Copywriter, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening in our Washington, DC office for an accomplished and highly talented Senior Copywriter to work with our growing and award-winning creative group. We are looking for a Senior Copywriter who thinks conceptually and can develop concepts to drive campaigns. He or she must be a gifted writer with strong project management skills, managerial experience and an ability to deliver persuasive presentations and general communications consultation. The Senior Copywriter will work closely with brand strategists, researchers, writers and a creative team that includes interactive, print and video specialists. He or she will work with senior managers on a regular basis regarding workload, client needs, budgeting, and staff development.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- The ability to tell stories with keen artistic sense and emotional appeal, and also to respond quickly to unexpected demands and turn a story around quickly from start to finish.
- Partner with an art director to develop engaging and compelling creative ideas and concepts that are on-strategy and achieve client objectives.
- Partner with the video teams to plan, write scripts and finalize video projects according to deadlines and budgets.
- Copy editing furiously at all stages of content development.
- Create universal themes to package concepts and unify communications campaigns.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail, while constantly being mindful of the larger strategic objectives.
- Contribute conceptually to the development of new business proposals.
- Direct the work of interns and other creatives.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a copywriter, preferably in an agency, working on integrated campaigns.
- Experience writing for the web.
- Experience writing across multiple media – such as web, social, print, presentation, digital, and video.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.