Senior Creative Copywriter, Toronto
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Toronto office seeks a conceptually strong and witty full time Senior Creative Copywriter to join our growing creative team. Supporting the Creative Director, you will be involved in brainstorms and concept development as well as day to day execution on a variety of accounts. You will also assist in leading, mentoring and motivating the team to create stand out work. The perfect candidate will have a wide range of experience (radio, print, video, social, content storytelling) working on big brands with a strong focus on advertising and branding, as well as a sharp understanding of strategic thinking and content marketing. FH is looking for a chameleon that can adapt their voice to a variety of attitudes and brand personas. Jumping from chocolate bars to banking and back again is your everyday.
The position also requires the ability to prioritize while working with tight deadlines, excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ideally previous agency experience. To be successful in this role you should have a confident yet flexible work approach with a gift for collaboration.
FH Creative is a fully integrated, "idea first" group that delivers from concept through execution in any medium, while specializing in branding, digital, design, video, advertising, production and events. Our group of storytellers translates communications strategies into unique creative expressions and then pushes them out to pages, screens and stages. Our creatives, armed with technical excellence and exceptional client service – deliver communications that advance our clients’ brands. This position offers the opportunity to join a growing creative department and shape the future of FH Canada’s approach to creative in the future.
FleishmanHillard is built upon talent and ideas. Our new team member will make a meaningful impact on our clients’ businesses through:
- Writing and conceptualizing big ideas for brands every day on multiple accounts
- Guiding a team of junior and intermediate creative resources (designers and writers) in the production of stand out creative work
- Working in tandem with Strategy and other departments to create the best work while remaining on brief
- Effectively presenting and justifying their creative thinking to internal stakeholders and clients
- Delivering under tight timelines
- Writing independently – long-form, scripts, treatments, copy, taglines and miscellaneous short-form
- Presenting ideas, both written and oral, with confidence and impact
- The ability to form smart creative work, present to clients, and have a clear understanding of producing that work
- Use Powerpoint to build and present creative work (write ups, scripts etc.)
- 6-8 years of professional work experience in copywriting and conceptual thinking
- College Diploma or University degree in advertising/copywriting
- Experience working on big brands and creating content
- Ability to reference pop culture, relevant news and digital content/content trends
- A knack for crunching data and extracting compelling narratives and perspectives
- Results-focused approach and committed to consistently meeting and exceeding the highest-quality standards of client service
- Capable of managing a full, varied workload and delivering high-quality work under deadline pressure
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment, including managing and mentoring staff
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including capability to lead group discussions and give presentations.
- Agency experience preferred
- Proficient in Word and Powerpoint
- Basic knowledge of design software is an asset
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.