Web Development Director & Strategist (VOX), Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
VOX Global is looking for an experienced Web Development Director & Strategist to join our award-winning digital team to design strategies to solve software development challenges and help build world-class digital products for our Fortune 500 clients.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage a team of off-site and contract developers by providing technical leadership, guidance, and effective delegation.
- Build and rebuild websites and custom front end and backend applications based on requirements while implementing best practices for usability, responsiveness and interactivity.
- Architect complex web products, perform data modeling, validation, and consolidation.
- Advise and create deployment and migration procedures to production and testing.
- Create custom APIs for interfacing with existing applications.
- Works adeptly in a team environment and effectively communicate with developers, designers and non-technical personnel.
- Provide digital counsel for colleagues and clients that range from Fortune 10 businesses to some of the nation’s leading non-profits.
- Manage expectations and communication relating to project requirements, development and delivery.
- Foresee challenges, and implement resolutions quickly to address potential project roadblocks.
- Serve as liaison to third-party vendors and client devops teams to ensure successful project delivery.
- Maintain and share current knowledge of standards, best practices, and new technologies.
- Assist with maintaining long-term client relationships and networks as well as cultivating business development opportunities.
- 5–10 years of client-side web development experience. Agency experience is a plus.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently, and on teams. Experience managing and working with a remote team, and managing vendor relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of the following technologies:
- C# .NET
- T-SQL/SQL Server
- React.js or Angular.js
- XHTML / HTML5
- CSS3 / SCSS / LESS
- PHP and MySQL
- Basic understanding of Windows server and configuration of cloud hosting environments (AWS).
- Ability to develop cross-browser, mobile-ready and cross-platform solutions.
- Broad CMS integration experience.
- Advanced experience with database management, structure and strategy.
- Experience with source control (SVN / GIT) and bug tracking systems.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
- Good communicator both in person and in writing to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under deadlines.
- Experience working in and leading Agile workflows.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management and ability to juggle multiple priorities and multiple projects.
- Interest in and current awareness of American political processes, structures and events is a plus.
- Ability to be innovative and strategic to drive solutions.
- Stay up to date on web technologies as they arise.
About VOX Global
Based in Washington, D.C., VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com
VOX Global is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.