Senior Graphic Designer, Toronto
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Do you find yourself recognizing particularly overused stock photos on your commute to work? Do you pick your paint colours using a pantone swatch book? Does badly kerned type give you nightmares?
FleishmanHillard Toronto has an immediate opening for a talented Senior Designer to join our growing team. We’re looking for a candidate with a voracious appetite to work hard, have fun and make awesome stuff. If you are curious and inventive, are someone who is not afraid to push the creative boundaries, challenge expectations and help our clients make even the mundane beautiful – then read on.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of client projects across multiple platforms. The Toronto Creative team supports clients in every sector including but not limited to financial services, energy & infrastructure, food & drink, travel & leisure, fitness and lifestyle and healthcare and you will likely get to touch them all. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute against the full spectrum of communication mediums and disciplines including interactive, social, advertising, branding, experiential, video, motion, presentations, environmental, editorial and print. You will also mentor and guide other designers in delivering superior work.
Sound like what you’re looking for?
- Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure implementation of the vision and direction for clients
- Produce outstanding designs for all-things, from social posts, online ads and infographics, to print ads and billboards, all the way to full blown magazine design
- Work collaboratively with the design and account team to produce creative design solutions for clients spanning platforms, including the development of content for branded social media channels, mobile, presentations, print materials, websites, blogs, etc.
- Develop original design concepts for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Supervise and mentor younger designers and freelance resources to ensure consistent and high quality output
- Contribute to making FH Toronto a fun and exciting place to work
- Voracious appetite to produce great design, to work hard, have fun and be entrepreneurial, curious and inventive
- 5-7 years of experience doing awesome design work—preferably for a social media, public relations, advertising, interactive, or marketing firm
- A stellar portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
- Ability to convey strategic direction/requirements into visual designs
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects at any given time
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint
- Experience in print production and familiarity with pre-press requirements
- Solid understanding of web technologies including browsers, platforms and devices as well as social media and web best practices, i.e. design optimization, usability & functionality
- Experience w/online advertising, banner design & production, rich media advertising, HTML e-mails, screensavers, games, as well as other emerging technologies is an asset
- A desire to work hard and play hard
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.