Senior Research Strategist, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a Senior Research Analyst on the Global Research and Analytics team. This person will be located in the FH Chicago office. We are a growing team looking to add leaders who want to be a part of something special and a very collaborative and positive culture. FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Senior Research Analyst will help design and manage research studies, write questionnaires/discussion guides, analyze data, prepare reports and present findings. In addition, he or she will mine, query and analyze marketing campaign information to identify key trends and create relevant conclusions and implications. As a secondary area of responsibility, the candidate is expected to conduct regular traditional media monitoring and stay current and understand trends in the social media space for selected clients and their industries.
The communications industry has a significant opportunity to manage exposure, support differentiation and create change for organizations operating in complex, global markets today. Communications professionals are working more closely with marketing and social teams, customer service, information technology, HR and CEOs than ever before. These teams need to understand the impact of communications efforts and its value to the greater organization. It’s not enough to consider outputs; organizations are evolving to measure communication’s effect on outcomes.
The FH Global Research & Analytics practice is a global team with new leadership and is in the beginning of a very exciting time. In today’s global market, organizations are challenged to be more transparent in their practices, dedicated to societal impact and to produce financial returns for their shareholders. Our award winning work informs the strategy of these organizations; it allows them to adjust their course where necessary and demonstrate progress and opportunities for future planning and success. Our expertise and our passion is collecting and analyzing data helping our clients fuel powerful communications and brand positioning programs to connect and engage with their audiences to achieve desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
- Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
- News monitoring and competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
- Analytics and measurement: traditional, social and digital analytics and measurement to demonstrate performance impact
- Consult with external clients and recommend research designs that address their needs and align with business objectives.
- Write research proposals and work with research vendors to develop budget estimates.
- Create primary research instruments including survey questionnaires and focus group discussion guides and work with clients on the review and approval process.
- Analyze data, write research reports, and deliver oral research presentations of research findings and conclusions.
- Recommend communications solutions based on the research results.
- Participate in integrated research and analytics assignments, which include the use of social and traditional media monitoring and analytics results.
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to deploy the best research to ensure client success.
- Manage the collection and synthesizing of data for clients across the social PESO (paid, earned, shared, owned) spectrum.
- Use a wide range of media listening/aggregation platforms to conduct necessary research functions (e.g., competitive intelligence, sector analysis, customer values, market segmentation, and new product development).
- Five or more years of experience across a broad range of research categories and models.
- Research specialist experienced in all facets of quantitative and qualitative research (e.g., sample and survey design, focus group moderation).
- Experience in customer surveys, research, and analysis, as well as measurement principles in consumer research.
- Results-focused approach and willingness to go the extra mile for clients.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points that provide important audience or market insights.
- Capable of and confident in giving presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven analytical and deductive reasoning skills; able to translate findings into meaningful positioning strategies.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to consistently meeting and exceeding the highest-quality standards of client service.
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
- Critical thinker who is constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the firm.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.