Senior Scientific Writer, New York
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Scientific Writer who will be part of a dynamic global healthcare team in our New York office. This team is part of a full-service office that provides communications solutions to a diverse mix of local, national and global healthcare clients. The position provides the opportunity to work on pre-launch and post-launch communications programs for pharmaceutical products and to work with the brand teams of reputable companies within the healthcare industry. Specifically, the position will including analyzing and simplifying complex scientific data to support communications for drug approvals, the FDA regulatory process, post-launch marketing, healthcare professional/patient initiatives and clinical trial recruitment programs.
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Analyzing and simplifying complex clinical data into lay terms.
- Checking and editing documents provided by other writers and/or clients to ensure accuracy. Includes media outreach materials and digital and social media communications.
- Writing a variety of communications materials (e.g., messages, press releases, Q&As, data summaries) in support of publications, medical meetings, potential issues and other data milestones; incorporating client, regulatory and medical affairs feedback.
- Development of scientific messages.
- Deliver materials on often tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality and consistent with both general writing standards, such as AP style, and client-specific styles.
- Track and analyze disease state statistics and treatment guidelines, as well as and competitor data, and make messaging recommendations.
- Candidates must have MD, PharmD, or PhD with at least 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Therapeutic expertise in oncology required.
- A proven track record in scientific writing, particularly the development of manuscripts and reviews, within an agency or healthcare/research/academic environment.
- Experience as a collaborative team member.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate recommendations to clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver gets things moving and keeps them on track, as well as strong organization skills. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; meet deadlines and handle the changing needs of a client.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.