Senior Social Strategist, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Listen up, digital kids: Fleishman-Hillard Detroit is on the prowl for a talented, resourceful and super-hero like Senior Social/Digital Strategist and Director of Client Engagement all-in-one. Things you are: A big-picture thinker with the ability to roll your sleeves up and get to work. That means doing the work, but we're big on doing the right work. A shaper, a maker of stuff. A leader, a mentor. A partner - to our internal colleagues as well as our clients. You will lead accounts and you will help shape our growing practice. You will have a say and you will be enabled to own. That’s the heart of what you really are – an owner. And oh, by the way, you will have the opportunity to lead high–profile projects for a popular brand that include hands-on collaboration with community managers, planners, creatives, and clients in creating internally and externally-focused kick-butt stuff. Yes, we do say kick-butt around here. Want in?
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the leader of accounts and grow them – this does not mean just "get the work done." It means thinking strategically about problems, partnering with clients and internal teams to solve them, and thinking proactively about how they can drive their business forward.
- Cultivate those relationships where no one can live without you. No one.
- Serve as a partner for the Engagement Team lead to evolve the offering, grow the group, grow the business, mentor the staff and generally, rock it out.
- Contribute to the development of comprehensive social communications strategies for our client, while adding big-time value to our own brand.
- Demonstrate an ability to work successfully – which means smarter, not longer – on deadlines and within budget. And sometimes, you might need to help shape those deadlines and budgets.
- Act resourcefully, offering a variety of resources and alternatives solutions to creative problems.
- Contribute conceptually to the development of new business proposals.
- Resolve most questions and problems independently, seeking counsel, where appropriate and making recommendations on complex issues.
- Working with a high-energy, forward-thinking team of crossed-discipline people, from PR to branding to mobile.
- Candidates should have 7-10 years of total experience; previous social media experience at a PR, Advertising or Digital Agency preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing programs of all sizes, preferably integrated programs that utilize multiple channels.
- Previous automotive experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to draft and implement strategic social media programs.
- Strong skills in building and maintaining relationships.
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Radian6, Nielsen Buzz Metrics, etc.), a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
Fleishman-Hillard Inc., one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the Fleishman-Hillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Fleishman-Hillard is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Fleishman-Hillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.