Senior Vice President, Corporate Reputation, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening for seasoned and forward-thinking Senior Vice President with a deep background in integrated communications and strategy to join our San Francisco corporate reputation practice. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate positioning and reputation, crisis situations, issues management, executive positioning, and high-level media relations for our global clients.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the Bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include EA, Fitbit, General Motors, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levi Strauss & Co., and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment where more than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Act as a senior strategic counselor to executives and clients across all areas of corporate reputation.
- Regularly provide executive-level recommendations tied to desired business outcomes.
- Develop and propose integrated corporate reputation communications programs that consider a strategic use of all available channels and resources - media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy, research, etc.
- Generate incremental and new business opportunities by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations that drive innovative and award-winning corporate reputation work.
- Continually advance the corporate reputation practice offerings and participate as a network-wide resource for counsel, mentorship and new business opportunities.
- 10-12+ years of experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, business media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience is a plus.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and trade media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional social, economic and policy trends that may impact current and future clients.
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.