Senior Vice President, Creative & Innovation Lead, Social + Innovation, San Francisco
FleishmanHillard San Francisco is seeking a versatile and talented Creative Lead to join our growing Social & Innovation practice. We are looking for a strategic thinker who is interested in the “why” behind creative ideas as much as the “how.” The ideal candidate will be innovative, creative, detail-oriented, and inspiring. We are seeking a big-picture thinker who will inspire our team, produce exceptional creative for our global clients and champion new ideas that drive the business.
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live.
At FleishmanHillard, we believe that “great creative” is engaging, emotive and memorable. It helps us tell stories and connect with people in ways they understand and embrace. The power of great creative can be seen in its ability to disrupt and to delight, creating impressions that inspire and emotions that prompt action. We believe that great creative is always grounded in insight, intentional, handcrafted, engaging and motivating.
Great creative is what we deliver – and great creative comes from great minds. Our creative teams aren’t just artists or craftsmen, they are thinkers, strategists, daredevils and dreamers. At FH, the commitment to great creative comes from a place of passion and purpose. We are inspired by the world around us and we live to channel that energy into ideas that light up rooms and pull people in.
We are looking for a leader of people and a leader of move-the-needle creative. The ideal candidate will combine both left-brain organizational skills and business acumen with right-brain quick thinking, and will bring client-facing, creative approaches to each project. This person will work closely with leaders across our west region offices to champion icreative ideas and, and represent the region as part of FH’s global Social + Innovation network.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the champion of creativity and ideation
- Proactively share new ideas, inspiration and experiences to “wow” clients and drive them to new creative heights
- Lead brainstorm exercises, activities and workshops that inspire teams, impress clients and deliver actionable results
- Develop and sell-in original, unexpected and provocative concepts for communications campaigns, social media programs, paid media activations, influencer engagements and branded content
- Collaborate with account leads on experimenting with and optimizing new creative ideas
- Manage the business of the creative team, ensuring profit margins are high, personnel are motivated, and resources are allocated effectively
- Lead, manage and grow the creative team consisting of art directors, designers, videographers and project managers
- Champion the creative brief and creative process
- Oversee quality control for the creative studio
- Work with project managers to oversee budgeting, estimates and staffing plans for creative projects
- Deliver the highest caliber creative work for a global client roster
- Manage and produce creative work for potential and existing clients in the healthcare, technology, consumer, finance and automotive sectors
- Ensure all work is strategic in nature by serving as the alignment point for insights, strategy, ideation and activation
- Create award-winning work, and help FH win awards
- Drive the business
- Drive and support new business initiatives by developing pitch ideas and presentations; participate in new business pitches
- Grow the volume of creative work for existing and new clients
- Maintain a current creative portfolio to sell in capabilities and expertise
- Contribute to FH’s thought leadership around art, creativity and innovation
- Represent FleishmanHillard as an expert at industry events and participate in the creative speaker circuit
- Stay current with the latest creative and industry trends and tools
- Be creative. Bring ideas. Push boundaries.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
The ideal candidate is keenly strategic, versatile and knows how to produce memorable and effective content and creative, and thrives in an energetic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. In addition, the Creative Lead will have:
- 10+ years of social and creative experience, preferably in a fast-paced, agency environment
- Experience leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team of creative personnel
- Fundamental design and production skills including a strong sense of color, typography, and design composition
- Ability to direct highly strategic brand and vision work while also managing tactical, iterative and fast paced asset production
- Experience developing integrated content and campaigns across digital channels (website, social, paid, mobile, etc.) as well as offline media (OOH, print, experiential, etc.)
- Appreciation for the creative process and ability to champion the process with executives and clients
- Ability to advise and mentor creative team members by offering creative direction that contributes to strategic, effective, higher level work
- Ability to juggle a wide variety of projects, varying production styles, demanding client expectations and short deadlines
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize ruthlessly
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience writing and delivering clear and concise presentations
- A network of creative service partners, vendors and freelance contacts to supplement the creative team’s capabilities and availability
- Collaborative attitude, strong work ethic and ability to thrive and excel in a challenging fast-paced environment
- A desire to work hard, play hard and deliver game-changing creative
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record of delivering strategic & high-quality creative work for clients/brands, be a natural leader and demonstrate a desire to lead a team to the next level. Interested candidates should be outgoing, curious and creative, with confidence and common sense. The right candidate will have a serious love for storytelling, branding, content strategy and be a champion of creativity.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.