Senior Vice President, Creative & Innovation Lead, Social + Innovation, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard San Francisco is seeking versatile and talented Creative & Innovation Lead to join our vibrant office and Social + Innovation Practice. We are seeking a strategic mind that understands the “how” and the “why” in creating social content. This person should be detail-oriented, innovative and creative all at the same time. We are seeking a big picture thinker who can inspire our team to produce exceptional work for global clients as well as champion new ideas that drive business growth.
We are looking for a leader of people and a leader of work. The ideal candidate will combine both left-brain organizational skills and business acumen with right-brain quick thinking, and bring client-facing, dialogue-driven approaches to each project. This person will work closely with leaders of the Social, Creative and Innovation team and will be the central point connecting the social insights/strategy/business/influencer work with the content and creative work. This person will also serve as the west region lead for creative strategy and will be responsible for representing the west region in the global Social and Innovation tribe.
At FleishmanHillard, we believe that “great creative” is engaging, emotive and memorable. It helps us tell stories and connect with people in ways they understand and embrace. The power of great creative can be seen in its ability to disrupt and to delight, creating impressions that inspire and emotions that lead to action. We believe that great creative is always grounded in insight, intelligent, handcrafted, engaging and memorable.
Great creative is what we deliver – and great creative comes from great minds. Our creative teams aren’t just artists or craftsmen, they are thinkers, strategists, daredevils and dreamers. At FH the commitment to great creative comes from a place of passion and purpose. We are inspired by the world around us and we live to channel that energy into ideas that light up rooms and pull people in.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Work closely with the leaders of the West Region Social, Creative and Innovation team to develop insights-driven, strategic, shareable content that inspires audiences and influences beliefs and behaviors.
- Serve as the champion of creativity and ideation; proactively share new ideas, inspiration and experiences to “wow” clients and drive business growth.
- Manage the creative team, including art directors, designers, videographers, and project managers.
- Manage social creative and content work for existing clients.
- Champion the creative brief and collaborative ideation process. Oversee quality control for the creative studio.
- Lead brainstorm exercises, activities and workshops that inspire teams, impress clients and deliver actionable results.
- Be responsible for growing and building the creative and content work for existing and new clients.
- Manage budgeting, estimates and staffing plans for creative projects.
- Provide creative support in new business pitches and proposal development.
- Develop and train team members.
- Work with other social creative leads across the network. & serve as the liaison with other office and region leads to support creative needs.
- Manage the business of the creative team, ensuring profit margins are high, personnel are motivated and resources are allocated effectively.
- Contribute to FH’s thought leadership around social art, creativity and innovation. Represent FleishmanHillard as an expert at industry events and participate in the creative speaker circuit.
- Stay current with the latest creative and industry trends and tools.
- Be creative. Bring ideas. Push the boundaries.
The ideal candidate is keenly strategic, versatile and knows how to produce social content and creative assets; someone who thrives in an energetic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. In addition, the Social Creative Lead will have:
- 10+ years of social and creative experience, preferably in a fast-paced, agency environment.
- Experience leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team of creative personnel.
- An understanding of fundamental design skills, production, a strong sense of color, typography, and design composition.
- An understanding of how to use social channels within the larger mix of marketing and communications channels.
- An understanding of the creative process and ability to champion the process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to advise and counsel creative team members and provide creative direction contributing to strategic, effective, higher level creative work.
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of projects and work with varying production styles with demanding client expectations and deadlines.
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well within a team environment; ability to multi-task and prioritize ruthlessly.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Experience writing and delivering clear and concise presentations.
- Collaborative attitude, strong work ethic and ability to thrive and excel in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- A desire to work hard, play hard and deliver game-changing work.
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record of delivering strategic & high-quality creative work for clients/brands, be a natural leader and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. Interested candidates should be outgoing, curious and creative, with confidence and common sense. You’ll need a serious love for storytelling, branding, art, content strategy and the power of creativity.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.