Senior Vice President Employee Communications, St. Louis
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting Senior Vice President to join our employee engagement and change communications team at the firm’s global headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate professional with deep internal communications experience to work with and manage dynamic, high-performing teams on strategic employee communications efforts.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and implement the growth strategy for the practice
- Advance internal communications programs that embrace all areas of leadership and employee communications, with overall responsibility for strategic planning and supervision
- Serve as a key member of the agency account leadership team for a global brand, and lead and manage the internal communications team on program execution
- Manage a variety of other internal organizational needs including change management, employee engagement, values-based communications, mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in employee and/or internal communications
- Ability to provide strategic counsel and leadership to influence and impact strategy. Candidates should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate client approvals diplomatically and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure
- Experience developing and generating support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of integrated communication channels including digital, social, video and print
- Experience in building communications programs upon a foundation of research and evaluating the effectiveness of programs through relevant metrics
- Proven ability to lead programs and manage others to deliver high-quality thinking and results quickly and within tight timetables
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter and versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must)
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, or related field. Master’s degree in communications, business, organizational psychology or organizational behavior is a plus
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple activities
FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the FleishmanHillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (314) 982-1700 or email our careers team.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.