Senior Vice President Measurement Strategist, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a Senior Vice President Measurement Strategist on the Global Research and Analytics team. This person may be located in the FH Chicago, New York, St. Louis, DC, or San Francisco offices. This is a Global role. FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Senior Vice President will be a key leader in the FH Research & Analytics practice. FH is looking for consultative strategists who understand how to think about desired outcomes and management by objectives. The strategist will work with organizations globally to create measurement solutions that will manage exposure, provide for differentiation and create change.
The communications industry has a significant opportunity to manage exposure, support differentiation and create change for organizations operating in complex, global markets today. Communications professionals are working more closely with marketing and social teams, customer service, information technology, HR and CEOs than ever before. These teams need to understand the impact of communications efforts and its value to the greater organization. It’s not enough to consider outputs; organizations are evolving to measure communication’s effect on outcomes.
The FH Global Research & Analytics practice is a global team with new leadership and is in the beginning of a very exciting time. In today’s global market, organizations are challenged to be more transparent in their practices, dedicated to societal impact and to produce financial returns for their shareholders. Our award winning work informs the strategy of these organizations; it allows them to adjust their course where necessary and demonstrate progress and opportunities for future planning and success. Our expertise and our passion is collecting and analyzing data helping our clients fuel powerful communications and brand positioning programs to connect and engage with their audiences to achieve desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
- Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
- News monitoring and competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
- Analytics and measurement: traditional, social and digital analytics and measurement to demonstrate performance impact
- Design solutions that measure and analyze traditional and social media, both shared and owned communications, such as media and blogger outreach, user forums, and web and business data.
- Design a research-based approach to find the most effective communications strategies by combining traditional and digital research methods with surveys, interviews focus groups and listening tools.
Product and Deliverable Development
- Innovate, define, launch and deliver new research products and services.
- Direct a team to mine, query and analyze marketing campaign information to identify key trends and create relevant conclusions and implications.
- Design integrated analytics and attribute results from different inputs.
- Direct and mentor a team of analysts to deliver measurement that informs future strategy and identifies opportunities in the market for an organization to achieve its goals.
- Manage all elements of projects including internal team and budget management. Mentor analysts to project manage projects.
Business and Client Development
- Design research studies and coach analysts to deliver reports and present findings.
- Develop proposals for new business prospects as well as create plans and budgets for new projects.
- Responsible for a revenue target.
- Ensure agency-wide familiarity with developments and new products and services from the research team.
- Travel to client and agency offices throughout the U.S. and globally as necessary.
- Connect and develop the global measurement practice.
Partnerships and Training
- Lead global social strategy, governance, training, measurement, evaluation of tools, procurement and set-up of software for auto industry client.
- Liaise with a virtual team of resources from other (competing) agencies across multiple brands globally.
- 15+ years of professional experience managing market research and social media analytics and measurement to formulate, develop and implement marketing or reputation strategies at a marketing and/or advertising agency.
- Expertise in measuring and evaluating earned, shared and owned communications including media and blogger outreach, user forms, and traditional online and social media.
- Understand marketing and communications strategies including the role of PR in the marketing mix.
- Be a strategic thinker that understands marketing strategy and how to use measurement methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients.
- Track record of building successful relationships across organizations to promote the impact and value of research, analytics and insights.
- Strong leader with experience managing large internal cross-practice, cross-functional teams (including research, planning, creative, programming and analytics), as well as experience working across and leading integrated agency planning teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels using both technical and non-technical verbiage.
- Ability to turn data and analysis into insights and metrics that can be actionable in the context of marketing strategies and campaigns.
- A broad understanding of core and emerging analytics methods and approaches as well as statistical techniques and how they can be deployed to drive value.
- Demonstrated ability to assess reporting and modeled results from the perspective of the business and to adapt output accordingly.
- Experience writing proposals.
- Experience with innovating, defining, launching and delivering new research products and services.
- Experience in working directly with clients, including presenting research and data and developing, recommending and implementing marketing strategies.
- Possess a business development mindset.
- Be comfortable with managing project financials to ensure projects stay on budget and are profitable.
- Be an effective time manager and be able to multi-task across multiple projects and prioritize time.
- Have a positive attitude and inspire confidence from clients and team members.
- Possess intellectual curiosity and approach business questions with creativity and insight.
- Ability to get to the heart of issues quickly and act decisively while seeing the “bigger picture” and executing and communicating clear messages to the business as a whole.
- Be detail oriented, organized, and thorough and have respect for quality control.
- Practice good judgment and be able to work well with others and collaborate productively with team members and clients.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and cross-cultural environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.