Senior Vice President Research & Analytics, Toronto
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be the Research Lead for FleishmanHillard’s offices in Canada (Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver). This individual will be part of FH’s Global Research & Analytics team and based in Toronto, Canada. We seek an experienced, entrepreneurial research consultant who has a strong background and deep experience in seeking new research opportunities, leading and executing research studies, and is an excellent client relationship manager. The successful candidate will develop and manage communications research projects for a diverse range of clients that include public and private companies of all sizes across different industry sectors, not-for-profit organizations, and associations. The successful candidate will oversee the Research & Analytics function in support of all three FH Canada offices.
The leader we are seeking must demonstrate a strong consultative approach coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit and have the ability to work through clutters and ambiguities to identify new research opportunities and provide credible research thought leadership. At the same time, s/he must be willing to roll up the sleeves to work with the team to get things done. This leader must also demonstrate the confidence and drive to build up a new practice area in a face-paced agency environment.
FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, MO in the U.S., is one of the largest public relations offices in the world. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, technology and research. FH Canada has depth in each of these communications practices across its three offices, and collaborates with other offices outside of the country when necessary to deliver seamless service and effective results for clients.
The FH Global Research & Analytics group is a team of more than 30 researchers and strategists. Our expertise and our passion is in gathering deep insights needed to help clients fuel powerful positioning programs that connect and engage with their audiences to help produce our clients’ desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
Digital: social media monitoring and listening platforms, digital audits and the integration of online/offline media measurement
News Monitoring and Competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
- Lead and grow FleishmanHillard’s Research, Analytics & Measurement practice area in Canada to support the work across all three FH Canada offices
- Collaborate with other Research Leads on the global team to develop thought leadership and new research offerings, and share best practices in Research, Analytics & Measurement
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to identify new research opportunities
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to deploy the best research to ensure client success
- Consult with external clients directly and recommend research designs that address their needs and align with their business objectives
- Write research proposals and work with research vendors to develop budget estimates
- Recommend communications solutions based on the research results
- Manage all aspects of a research project, including the project budget
- Create primary research instruments including survey questionnaires and focus group discussion guides and work with clients on the review and approval process
- Facilitate focus groups, conduct executive interviews, field a variety of research projects that may include brand positioning, message testing, public opinion surveys, communications audits [internal and external] and public opinion polls
- Analyze data, write research reports, and deliver oral research presentations of research findings and conclusions
- Minimum of 8 or more years of experience with a public opinion or market research agency that includes research work for corporate clients
- Bachelor’s degree, at minimum; master’s degree a plus
- Experience building a new function or group a plus
- Confidence and comfort leading in a fast-paced, matrix agency environment
- Experience in conducting public affairs, public policy, and political opinions research
- Knowledge of Customer Insights surveys, research, and analysis
- Results-focused approach and willingness to go the extra mile for clients
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines
- Critical thinker who is constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the firm
- Ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points that provide important audience or market insights
- Track record of selling research studies to clients and being the primary point person on the project
- Capable of and confident in giving presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to manage a full, varied workload and deliver high-quality work under deadline pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Experience supervising other research analysts a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some knowledge and experience in digital research is a plus: This includes: SEO/SEM, online campaign analytics, traditional and social media measurement, and digital audits
- Experience with statistical software packages used to tabulate and analyze market research data (e.g., SPSS or SAS) also a plus
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2015; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the DAS Group of Companies, and has 88 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.