Senior Vice President Research & Analytics, Toronto
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Location: Toronto, Ottawa, or Vancouver
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be the Research Lead for FleishmanHillard’s offices in Canada (Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver). This individual will be part of FH’s Global Research & Analytics team and based in Canada (city to be determined). We seek an experienced, entrepreneurial research consultant who has a strong background and deep experience in leading and executing research studies, and is an excellent client relationship manager. The successful candidate will develop and manage communications research projects for a diverse range of clients that include public and private companies of all sizes across different industry sectors, not-for-profit organizations, and associations. The successful candidate will oversee the Research & Analytics function in support of all three FH Canada offices.
FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, MO in the U.S., is one of the largest public relations offices in the world. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, technology and research. FH Canada has depth in each of these communications practices across its three offices, and collaborates with other offices outside of the country when necessary to deliver seamless service and effective results for clients.
The FH Global Research & Analytics group is a team of more than 30 researchers and strategists. Our expertise and our passion is in gathering deep insights needed to help clients fuel powerful positioning programs that connect and engage with their audiences to help produce our clients’ desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
- Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
- Digital: social media monitoring and listening platforms, digital audits and the integration of online/offline media measurement
- News Monitoring and Competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
- Lead and grow the Research & Analytics function in Canada to support the work across all three FH Canada offices
- Collaborate with other Research Leads on the global team to develop thought leadership and new product ideas, and share best practices in Research & Analytics
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to deploy the best research to ensure client success
- Consult with external clients directly and recommend research designs that address their needs and align with business objectives
- Write research proposals and working with research vendors to develop budget estimates
- Recommend communications solutions based on the research results
- Manage all aspects of a research project, including the project budget
- Create primary research instruments including survey questionnaires and focus group discussion guides and work with clients on the review and approval process
- Facilitate focus groups, conduct executive interviews, field a variety of research projects that may include brand positioning, message testing, public opinion surveys, communications audits [internal and external] and public opinion polls
- Analyze data, write research reports, and deliver oral research presentations of research findings and conclusions
- Minimum of 8 or more years of experience with a public opinion or market research agency that includes research work for corporate clients
- Bachelor’s degree, at minimum; master’s degree a plus
- Experience in conducting public affairs, public policy, and political opinions research
- Knowledge in Customer Insights surveys, research, and analysis
- Results-focused approach and willing to go the extra mile for clients
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines
- Critical thinker who is constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the firm
- Ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points that provide important audience or market insights
- Track record of selling research studies to clients and being the primary point person on the project
- Capable of and confident in giving presentations to a variety of audiences
- Able to manage a full, varied workload and deliver high-quality work under deadline pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience supervising other research analysts a plus
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some knowledge and experience in digital research is a plus: This includes: SEO/SEM, online campaign analytics, traditional and social media measurement, and digital audits
- Experience with statistical software packages used to tabulate and analyze market research data (e.g., SPSS or SAS) also a plus
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.