Senior Vice President Research and Analytics, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a Senior Vice President to be part of FH’s Global Research & Analytics team and based in New York.
What should global brands and the communications industry be doing that isn’t being done today? We are looking for a regional lead to answer that question and implement the solution or solutions.
We are seeking a senior research & analytics executive to break new ground in how we develop insights and integrate into the planning and execution of global communications programs. The leader we are seeking must demonstrate a strong consultative approach to help lead client programs and provide senior counsel while also identifying new research and leadership opportunities.
As one of the largest public relations firms in the world, you will help develop and deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines. You will develop and manage communications research projects for a diverse range of global brands and organizations. As the regional lead, you will oversee the Research & Analytics team and work as part of the global leadership team.
Our group is focused on four areas:
- Research & Analytics: Integrating social analytics, measurement and primary and secondary research before, during, and after communications efforts to develop comprehensive approaches to campaign planning, execution and measurement.
- Audience Insights: Identify and understand audiences’ motivations and behaviors, shape messages, and uncover insights that drive strategy.
- Measurement: Developing and implementing integrated monitoring and measurement frameworks to help clients demonstrate the value of and return on their efforts.
- Innovation: Exploring new platforms, developing new methodologies and advancing the practice as a whole.
- Lead and grow FleishmanHillard’s Research, Analytics & Measurement practice for the East Region and beyond as part of the Global network leadership team.
- Collaborate with other global and regional leads to develop new research offerings, and share best practices in Research, Analytics & Measurement.
- Explore and test new tools and platforms for measurement, social analytics and primary research.
- Collaborate on and lead global thought leadership initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to identify new research methodologies and deploy the best research to ensure client success.
- Consult with external clients directly and recommend research designs that address their needs and align with their business objectives.
- Write research proposals and work with research vendors to develop budget estimates.
- Recommend communications solutions based on the research results.
- Manage all aspects of a research project, including the project budget.
- Create primary research instruments including survey questionnaires and focus group discussion guides and work with clients on the review and approval process.
- Facilitate focus groups, conduct executive interviews, and field a variety of research projects that may include brand positioning, message testing, public opinion surveys, communications audits [internal and external] and public opinion polls
- Analyze data, write research reports, and deliver oral research presentations of research findings and conclusions.
- 15+ years of experience with a preference for public opinion or market research experience, social analytics, and corporate clients programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, at minimum; master’s degree a plus.
- Experience building a new function or group a plus.
- Confidence and comfort leading in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Experience in conducting public affairs, public policy, and political opinions research.
- Knowledge of customer insights surveys, research, and analysis.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines.
- Critical thinker who is constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the firm.
- Ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points that provide important audience or market insights.
- Track record of selling research studies to clients and being the primary point person on the project.
- Capable of and confident in giving presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Manage a full, varied workload and deliver high-quality work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience supervising other research analysts a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some knowledge and experience in digital research is a plus: This includes: SEO/SEM, online campaign analytics, traditional and social media measurement, and digital audits.
- Experience with statistical software packages used to tabulate and analyze market research data (e.g., SPSS or SAS) also a plus.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.