Social Community Manager, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and social-media savvy professional to be a Senior Account Executive in its expanding digital practice area.
This individual will serve as chief facilitator of several high-profile social media communities on behalf of a major corporation. The position is based on-site -- at the client’s global headquarters -- in Detroit, MI.
The position is responsible for seamless execution of the following day-to-day activities:
- Monitor dialogue across designated social media channels
- Identify trends and engagement opportunities
- Respond real-time as a trusted ‘voice’ for the brand
- Manage content flow and contributor/topic development
- Report metrics with relevant data analysis
- Coordinate with internal client teams and FH colleagues around the global network
Candidates should have 2-4 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience in an agency or corporate setting, including one year of hands-on social media program execution.
Additionally, applicants should have:
- Mastery of Social Media Tools: Must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube, etc.). Candidate will be asked to provide examples of professional-related success, i.e. leveraging tools to effectively engage with key audiences on behalf of a brand/client/organization.
- Creativity and Advanced Writing Ability: Creative thinking and strong writing/editing skills are required. Experience drafting messages on behalf of a large corporation, executives or associated with issues/crisis communications is preferred.
- High Ethical Standards: Community facilitators are stewards of a company’s social media policy and service as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism worthy of such responsibility.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations in a positive, diplomatic way.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the FleishmanHillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.