Social Content Designer, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
To the perfect fit:
First, we’d love it if you replied via a very short infographic or social video. We’d send out the job description this way in the first place…if we already had you on board!
We’re looking for a social content designer – someone that knows how to create social images (infographics, gifs), Vine-type videos and other short visuals that get people talking.
But wait, there’s more! PPT is the absolute scourge of business. But, we’ll admit, like so many other agencies, we’re still a little too addicted to it. If you want to be a part of a team that can help come up with the presentation concepts that don’t simply break the mold (that’s easy) but get people to sit up, pay attention and beg for more – then you will LOVE it here.
Oh, and you’ll be doing this on a global stage for some of the best known brands in the world.
What you should love doing every day:
- Brainstorming and coming up with new creative concepts.
- Using data to identify and tie concepts into short and long term trends.
- Turning creative concepts into creative assets for use on social channels for clients – creative copy (if you can), images, vine videos, short form info graphics etc. etc. etc.
- Providing proactive, seasoned client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet goals through social media and visual communications.
- A strong focus on maintaining integrity of online brand and identify/improve all brand-related aspects in social media outlets.
- Trying new stuff. We don’t wait for clients to ask you for a new idea – we are looking for someone that is always looking to break new, meaningful creative ground without being asked.
- You will be a core member of the account team and not an order taker – that’s right, we want you for your brain and team/client-facing leadership skills.
What you’ll be bringing to us:
- Exceptional design editing skills, we will need to see what you are made of for this role, so have your portfolio handy.
- A passion for creating the type of visual communication that gets people talking.
- An addiction to learning about new behaviors on all media channels, to breaking new ground that make today’s best practice look like a flashing gif from 1998, and to being a core part of a client team that sets strategy.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Relevant experience creative content across key social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- The ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent, on-brand voice.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of enterprise technology.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Experience working for a public relations, or digital marketing agency (or agency management experience) a plus.
- Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.