Social Content Intern (Spring), St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard seeks Social Content Interns to join the Social & Innovation group at our global headquarters in St. Louis. The Social & Innovation group tells brand stories using social channels. Team members communicate news in 140 characters, convey a point of view through blog posts, explain complex ideas through compelling videos, present dense content through accessible and easy-to-understand infographics, mobilize brands to engage friends and followers on Facebook and package information for use by all news channels.
FleishmanHillard St. Louis is one of the largest public relations offices in the world. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including corporate reputation management, CSR, financial services, issues and crisis management, B2C and B2B marketing, branding, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, healthcare, internal communications, public affairs, technology and research. The St. Louis office has depth in each of these communications practices and works closely with offices in the U.S. Central Region – Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul -- along with 80 offices across the world to form teams that deliver seamless service and effective results for our clients. Our clients include AT&T, Monsanto, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Emerson, GM, Energizer, Tyson, US Soccer and many more corporate and non-profit entities of all sizes, across nearly every sector of business and service.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create engaging, shareable content under tight deadlines
- Developing plans for community engagement
- Monitoring and spotting trends and translating information into branded news content
- Conceiving, writing, shooting, editing and producing photo-based content
- Capitalizing on opportunities within emerging platforms and online communities
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the internship program
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment (press release, pitch letter, media kit), a campus newspaper or magazine article, or an essay, letter, or memo of some sort
- Letter of recommendation from a former teacher, employer, or personal reference (teacher or employer are preferred)
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
Deadlines for Spring submissions: November 1
- Experienced in creating social media content across multiple channels
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year accredited college or university with a preferred major in journalism, communications, creative writing or new media
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively across all channels
- Ability to produce content quickly
- Experience in writing scripts and shooting and editing graphics for social sharing
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Detail-oriented, with outstanding organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proactive, creative and independent thinker
The internship is a paid, full-time position requiring a commitment of at least five months (January 11 – May 25, 2018)
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.