Social Content Intern (Summer), St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard seeks Social Content Interns to join the ContentWorks group at our global headquarters in St. Louis. The ContentWorks group tells brand stories using social channels. Team members communicate news in 140 characters, convey a point of view through blog posts, explain complex ideas through compelling videos, present dense content through easy-to-understand graphics, mobilize brands to engage their fans across social channels.
- Create engaging, shareable content under tight deadlines
- Develop and execute plans for community engagement
- Monitor trends and translate information into branded news content
- Conceive content ideas, write social copy, manage social content calendars
- Capitalize on opportunities within emerging platforms and online communities
- Deliver multiple assignments on deadline
- Help develop on-brand content ideas that are relatable, useful or entertaining in social
- Demonstrate consistent voice, tone look and feel
- Be resourceful and self-sufficient in making social content (photography, design, illustration, animation, etc.)
- Monitor trends, emerging behaviors and creation tools to capitalize on opportunities
- Balance multiple tasks simultaneously with high output at an accelerated pace
- Demonstrate curiosity, observation and a willingness to learn
The internship is a paid, full-time position requiring a commitment of at least three months (May 24 – August 31)
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the internship program
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment (press release, pitch letter, media kit), a campus newspaper or magazine article, or an essay, letter, or memo of some sort
- Letter of recommendation from a former teacher, employer, or personal reference (teacher or employer are preferred)
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
Deadlines for Summer submissions: March 1
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing St. Louis PR internship opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email the Intern Coordinator.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.