Social Content Specialist, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Social Media Content Specialist to provide social media content and planning support for multiple client accounts. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician, this team-member will have a key role in envisioning, leading and implementing social media content programs and campaigns across B2C, B2B, public affairs, and advocacy accounts.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Social Media Content Specialists are the strategic thinkers, ideators, and ultimately the “makers” that bring stories to life for our Clients. Not only do they help guide the strategic direction of a campaign from a content perspective, they’re willing to get their hands dirty and create the content themselves.
Candidates should have 3-6 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience at a creative or social agency, including 2-5 years of hands-on social content planning and creation experience.
Additionally, applicants should have:
- Content planning and management experience. Mindset of a storyteller and ability to develop a narrative through content on social and digital channels. Ability to create and maintain social media editorial calendars, plan and coordinate social content across a brand’s social eco-system for both organic and paid placements, and work closely with creatives and designers to bring that content to life. Experience with digital asset management and distribution preferred.
- Strong content copywriting experience and ability. Creative thinking and strong writing/editing skills are required. Experience regularly drafting messages (both proactive and reactive) on behalf of a large brand, corporation, and executives is preferred. Long and short-form writing samples will be requested.
- Expertise in creating content for paid social distribution. Deep understanding of paid social landscape including creative units available by platform and how best to use them in support of paid campaign objectives.
- Strong understanding of social media tools and platforms: Must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. Candidates will be asked to provide examples of professional-related success, i.e. leveraging tools to effectively engage with key audiences on behalf of a brand/client/issue/organization. Candidates must be able to demonstrate cross-platform digital knowledge, including social media, web design, mobile technologies, online and social advertising, etc. Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e. Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite)
- Ability to monitor and interpret social media metrics: Should be well versed in online monitoring best practices and able to use online monitoring tools, platform-specific metrics insights tools and more to demonstrate reasoning behind social recommendations and track successes. Experience with tools such as Spredfast Intelligence, Crimson Hexagon, Synthesio, Quintly and the like are preferred.
- High ethical standards: Community facilitators are stewards of a company’s social media policy and service as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism worthy of such responsibility.
- Refined communication skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations in a positive, diplomatic way. Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer and mentor, the successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Ability Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.