Social Media Content Specialist, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Social Media Content Specialist to provide social media content and planning support for multiple client accounts. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician, this team-member will have a key role in envisioning, leading and implementing social media programs across B2C, B2B, public affairs, and advocacy accounts.
Social Media Content Specialists are the strategic thinkers, ideators, and ultimately the “makers” that bring stories to life for our Clients. Not only do they help guide the strategic direction of a campaign from a content perspective, they’re willing to get their hands dirty and create the content themselves.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
Additionally, the candidate will:
- Create and maintain social media editorial calendars, plan and coordinate social content across a brand’s social ecosystem for both organic and paid placements, and work closely with creatives and designers to bring content to life.
- Regularly draft messages (both proactive and reactive) on behalf of a large brand, corporation, or executives for issues/crisis communications.
- Create clear and concise presentations for clients, summarizing data insights, outcomes, and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way tailored to their needs.
- Leverage tools to effectively engage with key audiences on behalf of a brand/client/issue/organization.
- Utilize social data to inform social content, both in the initial creation of content and in the evolution of a content over time.
- Work collaboratively in a team setting, providing effective action from all levels of the organization while respecting the expertise of others.
- Stay current with the latest content trends for organic and paid.
- Minimum 2-4 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience, preferably in an agency or corporate setting.
- Minimum 1-3 years of hands-on social media program execution experience.
- Strong understanding of social media tools and platforms; must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Ability to demonstrate cross-platform digital knowledge, including social media, web design, mobile technologies, online and social advertising, etc.
- Understanding of paid social landscape including creative units available by platform and how best to use them (copywriting and creative development) in support of paid campaign objectives.
- Experience with social media management systems/platforms (Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite) is a plus.
- Proficiency in analyzing social performance with social monitoring tools to demonstrate reasoning behind social recommendations and track successes. Experience with tools such as Sprinklr, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, or Netbase is a plus.
- Can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- A “can do” attitude.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.