Social Media Insights & Analytics Internship (Summer 2018), San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Social Insights & Analytics Intern to join our San Francisco Social + Innovation team for summer 2018. Our new analytics intern will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of global social media campaigns, and analyze and synthesize data to provide our team with actionable insights and strategic recommendations for our clients.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the Bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Creative Communications. Clients include EA, FitBit, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play an active role in daily social media listening for a variety of national and global clients.
- Assist in developing social insights from primary and secondary market research, business analysis and competitive data.
- Work closely under senior analysts’ guidance to recommend social and digital strategies and ensure implementation.
- Conduct analysis through the use of social listening tools, audience intelligence tools and owned analytics tools.
- Assist in developing client KPI’s.
- Stay current with the latest social measurement trends, as well as relevant industry trends.
- 1 year of experience gained in social media, planning, communications and/or analytics, with specific experience executing social media listening programs, and delivering reports that inform internal and client teams.
- Experience utilizing social media monitoring tools such as: Crimson Hexagon, Quintly, SocialRank, Tracx, Spredfast, Simmons, etc.
- Strong analytic skills: Must be willing to learn how to analyze and interpret social-related data from standard software packages and client databases.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research, writing and organization skills
- Excellent communications and critical-thinking skills
- Experience using web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and WebTrends.
- Experience utilizing tools such as Excel, Tableu, Power Pivot, Quantivo
- Ability to work easily in both large team environments or independently
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn from our industry-leading team of counselors
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.