Social Media Intern (VegaRun), New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
VegaRun is the digital/consumer arm of TogoRun, Omnicom’s leading health and wellness integrated communications agency, recently named by PRNews as a 2017 Top Place to Work in PR. We’re a visionary agency with a diverse client portfolio of consumer beauty and beauty aesthetics that provides a unique approach to supporting legacy and emerging brands spanning beauty, health and wellness, biotech, science and beyond. We bring beauty to life traditionally and experientially, harnessing the power of social to propel the conversation.
Our New York office has an immediate opening for a social media intern. This position’s core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and edit content for social media and written materials, Including social media posts, blog posts, influencer correspondence, etc.
- Play an active role in social media monitoring for a variety of national and global clients
- Analyze competitive brands and trends to help inspire social platform innovations
- Assist in the development of social strategies for a range of social and online channels
- Assist in developing social insights from primary and secondary market research, business analysis and competitive data
- Stay current with latest social media trends, as well as relevant industry trends
- 1 year of communications experience gained in social media/community management – beauty and beauty luxury brands a plus
- Ability to excel while working on multiple projects with cross-functional partners and teams
- Must possess proactive critical thinking skills and the ability to take initiative, anticipate next steps and offer recommendations and solutions
- Experience using social media management systems/platforms preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Excellent research, writing and organizational skills
- Strong communications and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in small team environments or independently
VegaRun is a fast-growing consumer communications firm with entrepreneurial roots. Our company is a fully owned subsidiary of Omnicom and a sister agency of FleishmanHillard and TogoRun. At VegaRun, we have a deep expertise in consumer health, wellness, beauty, and lifestyle.
VegaRun is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. VegaRun does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where VegaRun does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.