Social Media Producer, Washington DC
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Social Media Producer to provide social media planning and activation support for multiple client accounts. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician and capable of envisioning, leading or implementing social media programs, the position will contribute to B2C, B2B, public affairs, and advocacy programs.
Candidates should have 3-5 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience in an agency or corporate setting, including 2-3 years of hands-on social media program execution.
Additionally, applicants should have:
- Account Management and Client Relationship Skills: Must be able to manage day-to-day responsibilities of small, medium and large accounts, which can include contributing to and maintaining project plans, budgets, schedules, resources and activity trackers. The candidate will work directly with clients and inter-office agency teams, fostering and strengthening relationships on a daily basis. Candidates should be able to provide work samples of account and project management responsibilities.
- Mastery of Social Media Tools and Platforms: Must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. Candidates will be asked to provide examples of professional-related success, i.e. leveraging tools to effectively engage with key audiences on behalf of a brand/client/issue/organization. Candidates must be able to demonstrate cross-platform digital knowledge, including social media, web design, mobile technologies, online and social advertising, etc. Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e. Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite)
- Ability to Monitor and Interpret Social Media Metrics: Should be well versed in online monitoring best practices and able to use online monitoring tools, platform-specific metrics insights tools and more to demonstrate reasoning behind social recommendations and track successes. Experience with tools such as Sprinklr, Spredfast, Radian 6, Crimson Hexagon, Synthesio or Tracx is a plus.
- Creativity and Advanced Writing Ability: Creative thinking and strong writing/editing skills are required. Experience creating and maintaining social media editorial calendars and regularly drafting messages on behalf of a large corporation, executives or associated with issues/crisis communications is preferred.
- High Ethical Standards: Community facilitators are stewards of a company’s social media policy and service as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism worthy of such responsibility.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations in a positive, diplomatic way. Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer and mentor, the successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Ability Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization.
- Paid Social Planning and Management Experience a BONUS: Candidates with experience planning and managing strategic paid social campaigns across social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) that are aligned to achieve business and social media objectives will have extra consideration. Candidates should be able to provide examples of campaign planning processes including channel selection, ideal creative formats, flighting and budget weighting.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.