Social Media Specialist, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Social Media Specialist to provide social media planning and activation support for multiple client accounts. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician and capable of envisioning, leading and implementing social media programs, the position will contribute to B2C, B2B, public affairs and advocacy programs.
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience in an agency or corporate setting, including 1-2 years of hands-on social media program execution.
Additionally, applicants should have
- Project and Time Management Skills
- Must be able to manage day-to-day responsibilities of small, medium and large accounts, which can include contributing to and maintaining project plans, budgets, schedules, resources and activity trackers.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality.
- He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Understanding of Social Media Tools and Platforms: Must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube. Candidates must be able to demonstrate cross-platform digital knowledge, including social media, web design, mobile technologies and online and social advertising, etc. Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e., Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite).
- Creativity and Advanced Writing Ability: Creative thinking and concepting and strong writing/editing skills are required. Experience creating and maintaining social media editorial calendars and regularly drafting messages on behalf of a large corporation or an executive and working on issues/crisis communications is preferred.
- Ability to Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to Monitor and Interpret Social Media Metrics: Should be well versed in online monitoring best practices and able to use online monitoring tools, platform-specific metrics insights tools and more to demonstrate reasoning behind social recommendations and track successes. Experience with tools such as Sprinklr, Spredfast, Radian 6, Crimson Hexagon, Synthesio or Tracx is a plus.
- Paid Social Planning and Management Experience a BONUS: Candidates with experience planning and managing strategic paid social campaigns across social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) that are aligned to achieving business and social media objectives will receive extra consideration.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.