Paid Social Media Specialist, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Paid Social Media Specialist to provide paid social media strategy and support for multiple client accounts. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician capable of planning and implementing paid social media campaigns, the position will contribute to B2C, B2B, public affairs, and advocacy programs across a wide range of industry sectors and target audiences.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Candidates should have 1-3 years of integrated marketing and/or digital marketing experience in an agency or corporate setting, including 1-2 years of hands-on paid social media program execution.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing strategic paid social campaigns across social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) and content marketing platforms (e.g. Sharethrough, Outbrain, etc.) that are aligned to achieving business and social media objectives.
- Must be proficient in end-to-end campaign set-up, management, optimization, and performance reporting methods across platforms.
- Experience providing best practices, latest trends and recommendations across the paid social ecosystem including content and creative units, building target audiences, structuring and managing campaigns, optimizing campaign performance and communicating campaign performance and ROAS (Return on Ad Spend).
- Candidates should be able to provide examples of campaign planning processes including channel selection, ideal creative formats, flighting and budget weighting.
- Experience building and managing relationships with ad sales reps and managers across the social ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills; must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting social-related data from native platform analytics, standard software packages and client databases.
- Background providing evaluative volumetric and content analysis of social data working with social media monitoring and analytics tools such as: Synthesio, Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, Spredfast, and the like.
- Experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and WebTrends.
- Experience with implementing tracking and conversion pixels from all major social ad platforms.
- Skilled user of tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power Pivot, Quantivo, Google Sheets.
- Understand client’s business requirements, and design reporting and analysis approaches tailored to measuring primary objectives and key business outcomes.
- Ability to quickly pattern spot and surface actionable insights; separate signal from noise.
- Experience distilling complex and high volumes of data into simple KPIs and data visualizations / dashboards / scorecards.
- Experience writing clear and concise presentations for client summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for clients.
- Ability to contribute to increasing level of innovation in data, analytics and paid social media programs.
Additionally, candidates must possess:
- High Ethical Standards: Community facilitators are stewards of a company’s social media policy and service as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism worthy of such responsibility.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations in a positive, diplomatic way. Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer and mentor, the successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Ability Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.