Vice President Research & Intelligence, Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a Vice President on the Global Research and Analytics team. This person will be located in the FH Dallas office. This is a Global role, working closely with one of the agency’s key entertainment and telecommunications clients. FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Vice President will be a key leader in the FH Research & Analytics practice. FH is looking for consultative strategists who understand how to think about desired outcomes and management by objectives. The VP will work with organizations globally to create research, analytics and measurement solutions that will manage an organization’s exposure, support reputation goals, identify unique market positions and create change.
The communications industry has a significant opportunity to inform and support strategy for organizations operating in complex, global markets today. Communications professionals are working more closely with marketing and social teams, customer service, information technology, HR and CEOs than ever before. These teams need to understand the impact of communications efforts and its value to the greater organization. It’s not enough to consider outputs; organizations are evolving to measure communication’s effect on outcomes.
The FH Global Research & Analytics practice is a global team with new leadership and is in the beginning of a very exciting time. In today’s global market, organizations are challenged to be more transparent in their practices, dedicated to societal impact and to produce financial returns for their shareholders. Our award winning work informs the strategy of these organizations; it allows them to adjust their course where necessary and demonstrate progress and opportunities for future planning and success. Our expertise and our passion is collecting and analyzing data helping our clients fuel powerful communications and brand positioning programs to connect and engage with their audiences to achieve desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
- Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
- News monitoring and competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
- Analytics and measurement: traditional, social and digital analytics and measurement to demonstrate performance impact
Business Development and Client Management
- Collaborate with FH colleagues to bring quality research to our client engagements and deliver outstanding insights that that provide high-quality results for the client
- Monitor and forecast business performance and the costs and resources in partnership with Finance team
- Responsible for revenue growth and profitability of client accounts to meet firm revenue goals
- Accountable for the quality of P&L management and the alignment between local and global strategy
- Direct the pricing of projects to provide value to the client and at the same time meet firm revenue goals
- Actively coordinate new business strategy, identify, prioritize and amplify opportunities
- Participate in internal and external new business pitches and proposals, in partnership with FH new business teams including the production of audience diagnosis, market research to deliver insights and testing methodologies to inform and validate strategic and creative options
- Engage directly with clients and provide strategic counsel throughout all stages of the process and deliver exceptional research that meets the client’s business needs across the research and analytics offerings and solve specific client business problems
- Establish trust, respect and credibility as a leader and business partner
- Take a consultative approach to designing, selling and executing using appropriate methodologies and tools to meet client’s needs
- The ideal candidate should be an experienced brand builder and corporate communicator, preferably having worked in both an agency and on the client side
- Lead quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Lead the development of research design, questionnaire design, sampling plans, moderator guides, analytical plans, programming, data collection and processing and reporting
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of data to create a compelling story that meets client objectives
- Ask the right questions, understand the business objectives, and ultimately help to scope the right research that will have the most impact
- Ensure that insights, research and data analytics are an integral part of our client counsel and programming which includes integrating our offerings and developing a strong cohesive team
- Bring new ideas into practice and help develop for commercialization and client and team benefit
- Manage and lead the client(s) research team
- Drive culture alignment with FH principles and values, identify top talent and mentor staff with emphasis on collaboration, quality output and career development
- Help evolve agency metric processes and techniques
- 15+ years of professional experience in market research, marketing, insights, analytics, strategy development, or consultation
- Various types of research engagements, potentially including: corporate reputation, highly curated media monitoring, thought leadership, measurement and optimization and brand position
- Possess an understanding of marketing and communications strategy including the role of PR in the marketing mix
- Be a strategic thinker that understands marketing strategy and how to use research methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients
- Track record of building successful relationships across organizations to promote the impact and value of research, analytics and insights
- Strong leadership managing large internal cross-practice, cross-functional teams (including research, planning, creative, programming and analytics), as well as experience working across and leading integrated agency planning teams, organizational, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels using both technical and non-technical verbiage
- Ability to turn data and analysis into insights and metrics that can be actionable in the context of marketing strategies and campaigns
- Strong knowledge of marketing, traditional, social and digital media and content development, social, web site analysis, consumer targeting tools, and vendors, including both quantitative tracking and research methodologies
- Quantitative research, potentially including media analysis; automated dashboard development and reporting; knowledge of social media publishing & listening tools; digital analytics
- Qualitative research, potentially including landscape analysis; fact finding research
- Methodologies and analytic techniques including segmentation, concept testing, conjoint analysis, perceptual mapping, tracking, ad testing, product naming, customer satisfaction, focus groups, IDIs, web and telephone
- A broad understanding of core and emerging analytics methods, approaches and statistical techniques and how they can be deployed to drive value
- Ability to provide client consulting that leverages multiple sources of insight and data
- Demonstrated ability to assess reporting and modeled results from perspective of business / operations leads and to adapt output accordingly
- Experience writing proposals, ensuring projects
- Business development mindset
- Be comfortable with managing project financials to ensure projects stay on budget
- Be an effective time manager and able to multi-task across multiple projects and prioritize time
- Have a positive attitude and inspire confidence from clients and team members are profitable and managing a P&L
- Possess intellectual curiosity and approach business questions with creativity and insight
- Ability to get to the heart of issues quickly and act decisively while seeing the “bigger picture” and executing and communicating clear messages to the business as a whole
- Be detail oriented, organized, thorough and have respect for quality control
- Have good judgment and able to work well with others and collaborate productively with team members and clients
- Must comfortable working in a fast-paced and cross-cultural environment
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.