Vice President Consumer, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Chicago office seeks an experienced communications strategist and brand marketer to join our dynamic Consumer/Food & Nutrition team. This is a senior position responsible for client counsel, program development, team management, account oversight, and business development. Food & Beverage/Nutrition experience is helpful but not a requirement.
- Lead and motivate teams to build client relationships and develop and flawlessly execute programs.
- Serve as an account lead, overseeing account management, day-to-day operations, staffing, and budgeting.
- Provide senior, strategic counsel for clients.
- Develop, present, and execute integrated campaigns that include media relations, influencer engagement, consumer activations and experiences, issues and crisis management, thought leadership, and corporate communications.
- Develop insights-driven, creative, actionable ideas that deliver measurable results.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Continue to raise the profile of Chicago’s Food & Nutrition/Consumer offerings through business development, thought leadership and visibility.
- A minimum of 10 years of PR and communications experience gained in an agency or a corporate environment; Specific food & beverage/nutrition expertise a plus but not required.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Track record of leading efforts for and winning new business – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
- Polished executive presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively with C-level executives. This individual also will be adept at building strong relationships with other senior counselors throughout the FH network.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.