Vice President Corporate Communications, St. Louis
Vice President, Corporate Communications, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard is seeking an experienced communicator to join the Corporate Reputation and B2B team in our St. Louis office. For this position, we seek a highly skilled counselor with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in executive communications, crisis communications, internal communications, media relations and financial communications programs.
FleishmanHillard St. Louis is one of the largest public relations offices in the world. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including internal communications, B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial services, healthcare, issues and crisis management, public affairs, technology and research. The St. Louis office has depth in each of these communications practices and works closely with offices in the U.S. Central Region – Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul – along with more than 80 offices across the world to form teams that deliver seamless service and effective results for clients.
- Assist with overall client management, including ensuring the completion of multiple, complex and often sensitive projects with broad scope, high impact and critical implementation timeframes.
- Establish and direct processes which ensure critical projects achieve their objectives. Anticipate opportunities and threats to projects.
- Proactively communicate with clients regarding strategy, development, progress, issues and budget.
- Prepare client/executive briefing materials and present to client as needed.
- Provide thought leadership to team and clients as subject-matter expert.
- Keen understanding of how a variety of audiences (media, employees, neighbors, market analysts, customers, unions, etc.) will react to situations and messages and ability to relate to those audiences.
- Excellent speaker with ability to quickly connect with audiences, including c-suite executives.
- Able to rapidly develop concise, compelling and effective messages and statements.
- Broad understanding of general business trends and an ability to consult knowledgeably with senior executives on a broad range of communications topics.
- Advanced knowledge of the news media environment, with well-developed skills in building and maintaining media relationships.
- Awareness and understanding of digital new media and its impact on traditional media relations.
- Credentials as a thought leader and enthusiastic practitioner who follows trends and shares best practices in communications.
- Experience in media training and also serving as spokesperson with media and other audiences.
- Experience in political and/or issues campaigns valuable.
- Experience providing communications support for IPOs, M&As, and other complex financial transactions a plus.
FleishmanHillard is one of the largest public relations offices in the world. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2B and B2C marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial services, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, technology and research. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.