Vice President Corporate, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, transmedia and social content.
The New York office has an immediate opening in our growing Corporate practice for an energetic, self-starting managing supervisor or vice president with a strong background in crisis management to support clients across various industries. The successful candidate will work within a collaborative team on issues management and crisis preparedness, litigation communications, and cyber security assignments. This is a critical role in both the New York crisis team and the Americas Crisis Practice.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Managing projects for top-tier, global clients day to day.
- Leading development and implementation of crisis preparedness and crisis management programs and plans.
- Developing strategic plans, messaging, media materials, and digital/social content.
- Collaborating across the FH global network, including various geographies, practice areas and industry sectors.
- Managing multiple client contact relationships and deliver according to individual contact needs.
- Handling financial aspects of the business to ensure client projects are completed on budget and on time.
- 7+ years of public relations agency experience, with an emphasis on crisis work, issues management, litigation communications, and/or cyber security communications.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities.
- Analytical thinking and an ability to understand complex industries and business concepts quickly.
- Solid secondary research capabilities.
- A proven ability to develop compelling, insight-based strategic proposals and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Experience packaging new business proposals.
- Solid client relationship management skills.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An ability to work well within a team environment, complementing senior leads and managing junior staff.
- A proven ability to manage large projects.
- Understanding of digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.