Vice President, Crisis + Issues Management, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening for seasoned and forward-thinking Vice President with a deep background in crisis communications, cybersecurity and privacy to join our St. Louis Public Affairs & Engagement practice group. This position provides the opportunity to work with high-profile brands across all industries with initiatives specializing in crisis preparation and management, cybersecurity and privacy, and issues management. The successful candidate will split their time between driving new business opportunities and supporting clients.
The Public Affairs & Engagement Practice helps clients navigate issues that impact their organizations through strategic communications - including campaign development, public positioning, stakeholder education and engagement, coalition building, grassroots advocacy, government affairs, media relations, issues management and crisis planning and communications. FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment where more than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
• Help lead communications programs across all industries related to public policy, issues management and crisis situation with a focus in data security.
• Lead efforts to build relationships and business with firms and potential clients related to data breach response and third-party data sharing.
• Hunt for and lead new business development in crisis management, public affairs, technology and cybersecurity areas.
• Drive communications campaigns with tech and national media; develop strong traditional and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
• As a senior counselor, the candidate will serve as a day-to-day strategist for clients, with frequent interaction and counsel to various top-level executives. Will manage work streams and teams on program execution, and oversee budgets, forecasts, and projects.
• Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
• Develop and drive thought leadership platforms on relevant cyber and information security issues.
• 8-10+ years of experience in privacy and cyber risk communications, with a deep background developing and executing public relations and corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and experience working in government, tech industry or advocacy groups is highly desired.
• Previous experience managing product communications for cybersecurity or big data products and brands, with knowledge of the tech industry and its regulatory environment.
• Background leading B2B or enterprise sales campaigns.
• Deep understanding of the media environment and established media contacts: tech trades, national, spokespersons, with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
• Developed relationships with third-party organizations, security firms, attorneys, law enforcement, elected officials, and tech industry to attend external meetings and events representing the agency and client
• Superior writing skills, with experience translating complex issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials.
• Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
• Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
• Entrepreneurial attitude with a knack for building trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to additional, incremental new business opportunities.
• Good social skills, can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
• Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver extraordinary results.
• Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
• Professional, dedicated team mate and commitment to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
• A ‘can do’ attitude
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.