Vice President Digital Marketing, Toronto
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Vice President, Digital Marketing in Toronto. The VP will join a team of digital and social specialists who drive initiatives including digital and social strategy, content development, social listening and analysis, community management and influencer relations. This professional will develop and manage social programs for clients that operate in a variety of sectors and serve as an evangelist to support and advise traditional account staff in supporting digital program elements.
Our office provides both the resources and blue-chip clients of a full-service, global agency and the unique feel and camaraderie of a boutique. Our rapidly growing team works on local and national campaigns for leading brands in multiple industries. As a fully integrated marketing agency, we have built local expertise across corporate communications, internal communications, product marketing, social media, video production, design and digital strategy.
- An experienced professional with expertise leading teams in applying digital communications solutions with an emphasis on integrated communications.
- Part strategist, part account lead, part hands-on tactician, capable of envisioning, leading or implementing, as the situation requires.
- Excellent relationship skills; good listener; respects the expertise of others; ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization. Able to build strong relations with agency clients, account staff, group directors and other senior managers in the firm.
- A consummate team player that brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
- Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer, mentor. The successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
- Develop and implement creative and highly measurable social media programs or campaigns for several high-profile clients while tracking progress with regular reporting on engagement, conversion and traffic growth
- Develop program ideas and proposals
- Design owned, earned and paid content marketing programs
- Implement social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social communities (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Video/YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
- Be the liaison between our digital team and 3rd party agencies and partners
- Participate in key account group brainstorms, strategy and creative sessions, contributing digital/ interactive/new media ideas
- Manage internal digital projects, interfacing with other FH digital operations for work-sharing, knowledge management and standards development
- Manage the production and dissemination of online listening reports
- Serve as an evangelist to support and advise traditional account staff in supporting digital program elements
- Establish, track and assure adherence to budgets, launch schedules, campaign and marketing objectives
- Work collaboratively with the client and with other staff, as needed.
- Take an active role in business development activities (cultivation of prospects, pitch preparation, participate in pitches).
- Seeking 10 years of overall experience.
- Previous experience at a PR, digital, advertising or creative agency.
- Experience with tools like Radian6, Sysomos, Buzzlogic, etc. to summarize insights into client-facing reports and strategies; experience with social engagement/amplification platforms such as Buddy Media, Thismoment and Votigo.
- Deep experience in social media strategy across all platforms and communications channels, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, G+.
- Experience with traditional PR campaigns, influencer programs or other digital marketing programs preferred.
- Gravitas and savvy to counsel senior-level client executives.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/accounts, manage staff and client relationships and deliver results.
- Proven track record of excellent client counseling, including strategic thinking, verbal and writing skills.
- Willingness to travel.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.