Vice President Food & Nutrition, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity in Chicago for an experienced communications professional at the Vice President level to join our respected Health & Wellness practice. The position provides the opportunity to work with high-profile brands in the food, nutrition and health and wellness industries.
The Vice President will serve in a lead role to develop, present and execute integrated brand strategy and brand positioning communications programs for global food and nutrition clients. He or she will provide proactive high-level client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet brand marketing goals through communications.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in consumer marketing campaigns, ideally with an emphasis in food and nutrition and marketing to moms. In addition, the individual must possess strong writing skills and should be an early adopter of digital communications and social media.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant consumer food and/or nutrition communication/marketing experience. Agency experience required.
- Previous experience managing a food brand, CPG or food ingredient marketing communications. Nutrition education (i.e., nutrition science, food science, Registered Dietitian) a plus.
- Strong understanding of food media environment: trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons, etc.
- Knowledge of food and nutrition trends and issues, such as food safety, package labeling, etc.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capabilities and a proven track record in managing a team of talented communications professionals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and to strategically direct the creation of content and communications plans.
- Proven ability to run accounts profitably, with responsibility for the profit and loss of significant client budgets; overseeing client budget development; tracking, billing and communication budget needs and changes.
- Ability to develop relationships with third-party organizations, physicians and caregivers, nutrition influencers, media and client partners.
- Effective problem solving abilities: candidate can get things moving, keep them on track, and understands how to switch gears when needed.
- Be skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Demonstrated strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters.
- Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.