Vice President Healthcare, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Washington DC office is seeking an entrepreneurial, self-starting Vice President to join our vibrant healthcare team. Our ideal candidate will thrive as a key leader on the Washington DC Healthcare team, and will be instrumental in cultivating and growing accounts while managing a small team of high performers. Our new Vice President will oversee and implement programs across a broad range of communications disciplines, including; reputation management, advocacy relations, digital communications, media relations, and marketing communications for healthcare clients.
- Lead and motivate teams that touch product and corporate, third party influencer, regulatory and social programs for global healthcare clients.
- Act as a senior, strategic counselor for clients. Develop and present plans for integrated communications campaigns around healthcare issues and products that reach diverse stakeholders including internal and external audiences such as medical professionals, healthcare executives, advocacy groups, policy influencers and consumers.
- Play a pivotal role in overseeing many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including managing budgets and forecasts, overseeing projects and clients, and pursuing new business by contributing to proposals and opportunities.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with existing clients by taking a broad view of the entire marketing and communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
- Proactively and reactively embrace and fuel our new business efforts, helping to select clients that align with the culture and overall team vibe we are creating.
- Minimum 8-10 years of healthcare communications experience in an in-house and/or agency setting.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing integrated communications plans and the ability to draft and implement strategic communications programs within budget.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and its regulatory environment.
- Experience managing a team, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple clients’ budgets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate medical information into lay language.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of third-party organizations, including healthcare professionals and patient associations.
- Candidate should have deep understanding of the media environment and established media contacts: healthcare trade, national, spokespersons, with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage.
- Experience with digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.